• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

J-E-T-S

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I got a call from my father-in-law practically in tears this morning (he is from wisconsin). I have only heard him this upset one other time: when farve retired. I understand wanting to continue to play but I hate seeing him as a Jet. Hopefully he will help the JETS beat the Pats twice this year though.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I got a call from my father-in-law practically in tears this morning (he is from wisconsin). I have only heard him this upset one other time: when farve retired. I understand wanting to continue to play but I hate seeing him as a Jet. Hopefully he will help the JETS beat the Pats twice this year though.
You, my friend, are obviously NOT a Packers Fan...

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Here's what I think & I could be wrong but you never know. Favre hates Ted Thompson & he's not exactly fond of McCarthy either. He wanted to play with the Viking so he could play against the Vikings & beat the Packers. But he is also willing to go to the hapless Jets because he feels he can bring that team to the playoffs...reason is his ego is massive even though he tried to downplay it. He wants to show Thompson he is the reason the Packers were successful, that he's the man, numero uno, etc.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
There is a poison pill in the trade agreement. If Jet trade Favre to Viking they give up 3 , count them 3, 1st round draft choices. Ted Thompson did not Brett to be a Viking.

Not sure if Brett will be an immediate help. As "Jaws" Jaworski pointed out Brett will have to get on same page with receivers, new terminology, and coaching philosophy. Lots of studying here as play calling will be like learning new language. Also what the defense does changes the options of the wide receivers route. Many of his picks in GB where due to the receiver and Brett not being on the same page as to route adjustments.:beach3:

It's my belief though that by the 2nd 1/2 of season Jets can easily be the 4th best team in AFC. Chargers, Patriots, Colts, Jets. But with the "Gunslinger" Jets will have a chance against these juggernauts.

Real winner is CBS. They have Payton, that Pats QB, Brett, and THE Chargers who have one of the best lineup through 53 players.

Lots of pressure on Aarron Rodgers and Ryan Grant for the Pack. The o-line and defense will be on the hotspot through season.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Meh, the Jets will not even make the playoffs. 3rd round pick to GB.

Old dog + New Offense = Lots of INT's. Even if Brett had been there through mini-camp and at the start of training camp I do not think the Jets would fare much better. This is a publicity move plain and simple. Trot out the old war horse for 8 home games and try and get the locals to sign up for season tickets in the new stadium.

I like Brett Favre and respect his game, but he is not going to just walk on the field and take them to the playoffs. If anything, I feel he will be more of a detriment to their offense at this point as they are now under the gun to get used to each other. Pennington wasn't the answer, but neither is Brett Favre. The only team Favre had a chance at success with this year was with the Pack.

Vikings take the NFC North. Pats take the AFC East.

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
I've been a fan of the Jets as well as the Packers for some years now (mostly because I have an uncle that took me to a Jets game once a few years ago), so I admit that I was a bit tickled that Favre went there. Looks weird, though.

I can see all sides of the Favre discussion (e.g. the Diva thing, the good ole boy done wrong by the Pack, all that stuff), but I never could come up with a concrete opinion about it. Kind of like a family member whose behavior and/or opinions you disagree with, but at the end of the day, you still break bread and share a drink.

As for Aaron Rodgers, yah, he's got some pressure. But to all the talking heads on ESPN who say that all of Lambeau, Green Bay, nay, WISCONSIN will boo him to deafness at any pass that isn't a TD or first down, I say: who threw more interceptions than any other QB in NFL history? He may not be the quarterback of the Packers' future, but why should we expect perfection from the first snap following a legend (other than that we are all selfish bastards who abide by the "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately rule")?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I've been a fan of the Jets as well as the Packers for some years now (mostly because I have an uncle that took me to a Jets game once a few years ago), so I admit that I was a bit tickled that Favre went there. Looks weird, though.

I can see all sides of the Favre discussion (e.g. the Diva thing, the good ole boy done wrong by the Pack, all that stuff), but I never could come up with a concrete opinion about it. Kind of like a family member whose behavior and/or opinions you disagree with, but at the end of the day, you still break bread and share a drink.

As for Aaron Rodgers, yah, he's got some pressure. But to all the talking heads on ESPN who say that all of Lambeau, Green Bay, nay, WISCONSIN will boo him to deafness at any pass that isn't a TD or first down, I say: who threw more interceptions than any other QB in NFL history? He may not be the quarterback of the Packers' future, but why should we expect perfection from the first snap following a legend (other than that we are all selfish bastards who abide by the "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately rule")?
All true Fitz, and an echo of my mindset regarding this whole issue. Ultimately, football is a business, and I need to get over my romantic notion that players and coaches and owners want the same thing fans want - a team that represents their city, sticking together through thick and thin, focusing year after year on achieving the ultimate prize. We used to have franchises - now we only have franchise players. So Brett Favre is going to wear another team's uniform this year; why should that bother me? It shouldn't, but it does.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Favre will single handedly make the Jets a FAR better football team! Mark my words. And I'm still glad the Packers traded the whiney primadonna. :)

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Favre will single handedly make the Jets a FAR better football team! Mark my words. And I'm still glad the Packers traded the whiney primadonna. :)

if the offensive line doesn't protect him & he gets put on his ass a few times, starts throwing interceptions..remember he is the all time leader in interceptions...he might start regretting this "come back".

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
if the offensive line doesn't protect him & he gets put on his ass a few times, starts throwing interceptions..remember he is the all time leader in interceptions...he might start regretting this "come back".

EXACTLY what I have been thinking all along.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Favre is also the all time leader in touchdowns, yards and most every other record. It would seem logical that if you threw more td's then anyone on the planet just based on a good td to interception ratio you'd throw more interceptions. I don't see his td to interception ratio as being that bad.

Have you watched the Jets with him playing? It looks like a whole new team. The Jets are going to win some games this year... :)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
hope Favre gets his ass handed to him on a regular basis.

MCDavis

Since he's no longer a Packer I could care less... BUT.. watching him play for many years it's highly doubtful this will happen and he won't succeed. And also the Jets.. :)

🔥 Latest posts