• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jack Nicklaus Walks 36 to Watch Son Play in 2018 U.S. Amateur at Pebble Beach

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

JACK AND BARBARA NICKLAUS FOLLOWED son Gary as he competed in the 2018 U.S. Amateur at Spyglass Hill and Pebble Beach, where Jack won the national amateur in 1961.

From Geoff Shackelford at Golfweek:
Jack and Barbara Nicklaus—both USGA Bobby Jones Award winners—walked all 36 holes at Spyglass Hill and Pebble Beach, with Jack only occasionally taking a ride in a USGA security cart. He mostly hoofed it, resting on an old-school shooting stick like his old writer pal Herbert Warren Wind. He posed for cell phone photos, did plenty of meeting-and-greeting in player dining, and even got the occasional "do you remember me?" types, including one promoting his forthcoming instruction book. As always, Nicklaus was gracious even though he never took an eye off of Gary's play.​
Gary was eliminated after rounds of 78-78. He hit the ball pretty well but putted poorly. The Golden Bear offered tips about Pebble's greens but it didn't seem to help.

"I'm 49 years old and I'm still not listening to my dad," Gary said.

Source: Jack Nicklaus Walks 36 to Watch Son Play in 2018 U.S. Amateur at Pebble Beach

🔥 Latest posts