• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jason Day Sizzles in New Jersey, Eyes No. 1 Ranking

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
By Brian Keogh

Brian Keogh is a golf correspondent for
The Irish Sun and a contributor to The Irish Times, Golf Digest Ireland and other golf publications. The following excerpt from Brian’s Irish Golf Desk is used with permission.

News from Brian Keogh's
Irish Golf Desk.​
JASON DAY CONTINUED HIS RED-HOT streak of form by making eight birdies in an immaculate 62 to win The Barclays by six shots from Henrik Stenson on 19 under par and move to No 1 in the FedEx Cup standings ahead of Jordan Spieth, who missed the cut.

It was Day's fourth win of the season and his third in four events following his RBC Canadian Open victory and breakthrough major win at the US PGA. And he now has a chance to become world No 1 and take over from McIlroy, who relieves Spieth of top spot today despite skipping the first Playoff event.

McIlroy will begin the Playoffs in 15th place and both he, Spieth and Day are expected to tee it up in Boston in an event that will now have the added spice of the world No 1 race.

"I am just excited about the competition and I think it is going to be a lot of fun," said Day, who finished tied ninth in the US Open, tied fourth in the Open before winning the RBC Canadian Open and then followed a share of 12th in the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational with back to back wins in the US PGA and The Barclays.

"I love being in contention. And I love playing against guys that are on fire. You kind of live for those moments ....

"I think I have the opportunity to get to No 1 if I play some good golf over the next three or four weeks. It's been a goal of mine but it's going to be tough to catch. Right now I am just going to focus on getting some rest and trying to play that golf course, which I absolutely love."

Brian Keogh covers golf for The Irish Sun and contributes to a variety of golf publications. Pay him a visit at Irish Golf Desk.

Source: Jason Day Sizzles in New Jersey, Eyes No. 1 Ranking

🔥 Latest posts