• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jason Day Won Despite His Aching Back

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
JASON DAY IS BACK, MATE.

The former World No. 1 went 72 holes and then another six holes in a sudden-death playoff that stretched into Monday to win the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines. It was Day's first win since the 2016 Players Championship and lifted the Aussie back into the top 10 in the world rankings.

In another surprise, Day didn't expect to play, as GolfChannel.com reported. He had an MRI less than two weeks ago after "throwing out his back."

"I never thought I was going to play," Day said.

The Aussie didn't tee it up in the pro-am and carded a 73 in the opening round. He kept going and going and ended up with his 11th PGA Tour title. Playing hurt and winning at Torrey Pines go together, as his pal Tiger Woods knows.

Day hopes to tweak his golf swing in order to relive pressure on his lower back.

"My set joints in the spine, through my constant swing, they got larger and larger," he said. "When they get bigger, they get closer to the nerve and when I throw my back out, then I get shooting pains down both legs."

Day hopes to still be playing when he's 50. "I just gotta keep myself strong, keep my core strong and just try and improve."

Source: Jason Day Won Despite His Aching Back

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.