• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jeff4i in the National Championship

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Sweet!

Eracer, thanks for taking such great photos.

Jeff, thanks for letting him share said photos.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Awesome pics Eracer,---Congrats Jeff.

I am so jealous of that youthful flexibility and balance Jeff. Someone passed on some athletic genes.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Awesome pics Eracer,---Congrats Jeff.

I am so jealous of that youthful flexibility and balance Jeff. Someone passed on some athletic genes.

My dad was a collegiate athlete, mostly track, but other things.

And thanks, everyone's compliments are quite flattering, :D

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Boy, I've missed a lot recently.

Jeff, you are almost a Pro dude! I googled it and found the final scores, so you finished like T5, right? Pretty good shooting.

I like the Elvis leg shot, my personal favorite. Cool that your dad was there to help out / watch and v. cool that our official ST photographer was there to capture the moments.

Tell us more about the competition. How did you qualify? How were flights selected? What was the prize? And seriously are you close to turning pro? What is your exact h/c right now?

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
ai159.photobucket.com_albums_t135_eracer1111_Golf_Grand_20Cypress_20__20Jeff4i_GC_Jeff_9.jpg

Fresh air shot or just a ton of backspin?

Great pics and congrats Jeff, even getting there looks like some achievement.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Boy, I've missed a lot recently.

Jeff, you are almost a Pro dude! I googled it and found the final scores, so you finished like T5, right? Pretty good shooting.

I like the Elvis leg shot, my personal favorite. Cool that your dad was there to help out / watch and v. cool that our official ST photographer was there to capture the moments.

Tell us more about the competition. How did you qualify? How were flights selected? What was the prize? And seriously are you close to turning pro? What is your exact h/c right now?

I want to go pro, but I've really got to eliminate my hot/cold streaks. Not sure how, but its got to get better. All I know is I did a really strong showing for my first year, :D

Well, after winning that somewhat big tournament last July, I decided that I really didn't want that to be my only tournament I played. So I found the Golf Channel Amateur Tour. Well, they had 5 tournaments left in the year, so I thought, what they hey? I sign up for all 5, going off of my handicap they put me a flight behind the top one. This is fine with me since the 5 courses I'll be playing, I've never played before.

First tournament I have a great day, win my flight by 3 or 4 strokes. Second tournament I do decent, take 3rd. Third tournament I win by a couple. Fourth I win by a large margin. Fifth I do...so so, and place 7th or 8th back. Well luckily I had posted a decent enough showing for the tournament director to take me as a sort of, "wild card." Well, I went poorly my first two days. The greens were killing me. My final days I posted a respectable score and covered a lot of ground position-wise though.

Flights are selected in my neck of the woods a little bit differently than the rest of the tour. My director likes to keep scratch and the bottom, and then fill up the next flight up with people nearly scratch, according to their handicap. This way you get a good competition, and good chance of moving up. Well, he wanted to bump me up, but decided against it that way I could go to Florida, since a couple people in my flight could not. Next year I will be playing Championship, so top flight. My handicap is low, I'll have to check it on my wife's laptop(site doesn't load on this one). I will say, I played quite well even if my score didn't reflect it. I've said it many times, but it is something I stick by, I got closest to the pin out of the field on the Mickey Mouse green, and hit a majority of my fairways and greens.

Am I close to turning pro? I don't know, to be honest. We'll just see how the cards fall. I can certainly post the scores, but it is a matter of I can keep doing it. Essentially it all comes down to this next year. I've got to see what I can do on this golf tour next year, and what I can produce. That and figure out bermuda greens, :( I'm still angry at those things, they ripped me up so bad! Anyway, I'd like to, I know that I pragmatically could if things work out correctly, but we'll see. The overall winner actually shot over par for the entire event, which is consoling, and a testament to how difficult it was playing.

Prizes? I got a Callaway Hyper X fairway wood for my placement, which is now my dads. For closest to the pin, I got that free round of golf for a foursome, some other knick-knack things, and an awesome Adidas Climalite shirt. The winners got a big ole crystal trophy, or at least it looked like crystal. Next year!

ai159.photobucket.com_albums_t135_eracer1111_Golf_Grand_20Cypress_20__20Jeff4i_GC_Jeff_9.jpg

Fresh air shot or just a ton of backspin?

Great pics and congrats Jeff, even getting there looks like some achievement.

:biglol:

Yeah, I've got to remember that coming in out of nowhere in my local tour, and qualifying to go was something special. Only one thing holding me back now...bermuda greens! Ha!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Here, pictures here for those who dare venture! One of me at my wedding, and one of me, my sis, and my brother...
Jeff1.jpg
Jeff2.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.