• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jim Furyk: 'This Is My Favorite Event'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Congratulations to Jim Furyk on an amazing playoff win at the 2015 #RBCHeritage! #TeamRBC pic.twitter.com/uIG0ra1qJj
— RBC (@RBC) April 19, 2015

MAYBE IT HAD TO HAPPEN this way.

Jim Furyk, who was 0 for 9 converting 54-hole leads into victories, charged hard on Sunday in the RBC Heritage at Harbour Town Golf Links. The 44-year-old veteran posted a 63 for an 18-under total that put him in a sudden-death playoff with Kevin Kisner.

Then Furyk closed out his 17th PGA Tour win by sinking a 12-foot birdie putt on the second playoff hole, the par-3 17th. He dropped his putter and punched the air. It had been 100 events and four and a half years between victories.

"[T]here was a lot of pent-up frustration," Furyk said.

Kisner also charged to the finish, shooting a 64, and then birdied the first playoff hole.

"I had a chance," Kisner said, "but man, I'm just proud of the way I handled it down the stretch."

Furyk won this same event five years ago. Narrow, short (by tour standards) and tricky, Harbour Town suits his game and attitude.

"I can't think of a more fitting place to kind of break that streak and get another win under my belt. This is my favorite event. I love being here. And outside of winning another major championship, this is the perfect place to do it."

Source: Jim Furyk: 'This Is My Favorite Event'

🔥 Latest posts