• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

John Riegger: 'I Didn't Look at the Board'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

John Riegger​
JOHN RIEGGER IS A 50-YEAR-OLD ROOKIE on the Champions Tour. On Sunday at the Boeing Classic, Riegger kept his mind on his business. Why look up when you already know who's chasing? Fred Couples. John Cook. Those guys.

"I didn't look at the board," Riegger said.

"The only person to put pressure on you is yourself. I knew these guys were great players their whole careers. Still are. I knew they were going to come out and throw some birdies at me early. I was going to play my game and I knew if I played the way I was capable of playing, things would take care of themselves."

It worked. Riegger birdied three of the last four holes, including a 20-footer that found the cup on the 18 green, to shoot a 68 for a two-stroke victory over Cook. It was the best win and biggest check ($300,000) of his career.

Haven't heard much about Riegger? Join the club.

"It's been a long, crazy career," said the journeyman who has bounced around the golf world playing the PGA Tour, European Tour and Web.com Tour, where he won twice. Riegger played 224 events on the PGA Tour and had three top-10 finishes.

"For [Riegger] to come out and not have that much experience, to do what he did down the stretch is very commendable," said Cook, who closed with a 65.

Riegger's favorite movies are "Tin Cup" and "Follow the Sun." Lee Trevino is his favorite player. And he likes a good rib-eye steak.

Source: John Riegger: 'I Didn't Look at the Board'

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.