• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jordan Spieth to Caddie: 'You Need to Yell at Me'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Throwback to 2013! On to St. Andrews! @@theopen http://t.co/k14ft9RjAV pic.twitter.com/4ML2ZxbXrd

— Jordan Spieth (@JordanSpieth) July 13, 2015
ABOVE: Caddie Michael Greller (left) with Jordan Spieth.

ESPN.COM'S MICHAEL COLLINS, A FORMER CADDIE, filed another edition of "Caddie Confidential." Only this week, it's not confidential. Michael Greller openly talks about what it's like to be Jordan Spieth's caddie, especially during this milestone season.

"Three years ago I'm literally in my sixth-grade class teaching ya know?" Greller told Collins. "And here I am talking to you guys about my boss that's won two majors, a FedEx and everything else."

This player and caddie have developed a special relationship. Among other things, Collins asked, "When did you feel comfortable enough to give him a verbal kick in the pants?"

Greller said:
Like this year at the John Deere, he told me on Thursday. He said, "Michael, you need to yell at me." And he'll tell me that I need to, in so many words, grab him by the [he's searching for PG rated words] neck. And get his head right. He'll give me permission to.
And it's weird, like your boss is telling you to yell at him! And it's just a strange thing, but there's times when you gotta do that. You have to have faith and trust in your relationship and know he's not gonna take it personally just like when he is upset with me, I can't take it personally. And that's been something we've both made adjustments to over the past three years.​
Read the full Q&A at ESPN.com.

Source: Jordan Spieth to Caddie: 'You Need to Yell at Me'

Members online

No members online now.