• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just doing a good deed...

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
First a little background; a friend and co-worker had his work vehicle broken into last summer and the only thing they took from the truck were his golf clubs!! The Bastards! It just so happens those clubs, were in fact new to him... Talk about a double kick in the nads!!

So a few days ago I went on a kajiji mission. I was bound and determined to find him some clubs. I'd joked with him about just showing up at work with some. But he kept telling me, he'd never accept unless he paid me for them. Literally after maybe ten minutes of surfing, I found my set. Right there on the second page was a complete set for $150. To top it my buddy is a leftie!! I had to help a brotha out!

All said and done I think I did really well for him. The set included: Callaway Hyper X driver, Big Bertha 5w. Ben Hogan CFT Edge 3h. Ben Hogan CFT Edge irons 3-E and Hogan wedges 56 & 60

He has already hit the range once and really liked them. I'm really glad he's happy! Him and his wife are playing in a fun tourney this weekend, so Monday should be an interesting morning coffee!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
First a little background; a friend and co-worker had his work vehicle broken into last summer and the only thing they took from the truck were his golf clubs!! The Bastards! It just so happens those clubs, were in fact new to him... Talk about a double kick in the nads!!

So a few days ago I went on a kajiji mission. I was bound and determined to find him some clubs. I'd joked with him about just showing up at work with some. But he kept telling me, he'd never accept unless he paid me for them. Literally after maybe ten minutes of surfing, I found my set. Right there on the second page was a complete set for $150. To top it my buddy is a leftie!! I had to help a brotha out!

All said and done I think I did really well for him. The set included: Callaway Hyper X driver, Big Bertha 5w. Ben Hogan CFT Edge 3h. Ben Hogan CFT Edge irons 3-E and Hogan wedges 56 & 60

He has already hit the range once and really liked them. I'm really glad he's happy! Him and his wife are playing in a fun tourney this weekend, so Monday should be an interesting morning coffee!
Didn't his car insurance buy him some new clubs?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I am unsure how it works down there, but wouldn't your golf clubs be covered under your house insurance? They are up here.

Either way, it sucks he got boned by those motherf*ckers, and the guys that stole his clubs. :cool:

R35

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
To be honest, I think they would have been covered under his home insurance too. But I think he was being questioned about it being a company vehicle. And then the company not wanting to help him out was a slap in the face. Someone could have helped him out, or that's how I feel anyway...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Sometimes your deductible is larger than the cost of damage/replacement. We carry $1,000 deductible on our vehicles to lower premiums. Sorta like self-insuring for anything under $1,000. I put two replacement windshields in my last truck. Cost was just over $300 each. Even to lower the deductible to $500 wouldn't have paid for either of the windshields. And, to file a claim... even though it wouldn't cost the insurance company 10 cents... would be on your record as just that, a claim.

We had hail damage to a vehicle 7 years ago. Got a nice check, pocketed it, and never had the hail damage repaired. That was the 2005 Malibu we just traded off where they gave us way over book value, even with the hail marks. Other than that, the only claims we could have submitted were the two windshields in over 10 years. I hit a deer with my 2004 Silverado in 2004 and the insurance company paid all except the $1,000. Had a friend at the body shop and it didn't actually cost me the full $1,000 out of pocket.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well done Louie. You're a great friend.

Thank you everyone. I just felt bad for the guy. And rather than buying something for myself, to then sit in the basement. I used my club Ho'ing for good this time and helped a friend out. Here is the text he sent me today. After his tourney today;

"Not a bad day. Pounded the driver. Eagle a Par 4 on my own...drove it within 2 feet. Stuck a couple of seven irons...disappointed in my wedge play but hit most shots very solid. All in all very happy with the clubs!!"

And that's after only being on the range once with his new set. I'd say job well done!!

Members online

No members online now.