• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just FYI

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
The Steelers won.

It's kind of a big deal.

If anyone here is a Titans fan, well, I guess you learn your lesson when you disrespect the towel. Tell your players not to be so silly in the future.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
i don't exactly think that win is 'smacktalk' worthy...tbh.

that game was tooth and nail until the end. if the titans would have won the toss...they'd probably have won...in which case, we'd probably be hearing a much different tune out of you....

(i'm not a titans fan...just a realist)

either way, it was a great game, wish it would have gone on for a couple more quarters.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
atrollcats.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_05_cool_story_bro_trollcat.jpg

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
Polamalu got hurt, gone for a couple months. lotsa time to get a haircut.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Steelers running game was really awesome...........what did they average? 1.2 yards per carry? They better coax the "Bus" out of retirement.

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
Bironas makes either of those FG's, and this thread doesnt exist. Really not much to be proud of here, Steelers fan. Consider yourself rather lucky.

And no, I'm not a Titans fan.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Steelers running game was really awesome...........what did they average? 1.2 yards per carry? They better coax the "Bus" out of retirement.

Yep, running game has sucked for a while. Partly the RBs, but mostly the O-Line. Everyone knows the Steelers O-Line is weak.

Bironas makes either of those FG's, and this thread doesnt exist. Really not much to be proud of here, Steelers fan. Consider yourself rather lucky.

And no, I'm not a Titans fan.

Actually, yeah, there is.

I don't get how some people just can't get it through their thick skulls. This is how the Steelers play football. They do what needs to be done to win. If you didn't learn that lesson last year, or a few nights ago, I daresay it's almost hopeless.

Maybe you should pay more attention to what the team with 6 rings is doing, since only one team has gotten that high. Oh, and don't call me Steelers fan, my name is Jeff.

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
Believe me, I pay attention. And what I paid attention to the other night was a piss-poor snap and hold, and extremely sad blocking on another FG attempt. And of course, the coin flip in OT (I wish they would adopt some type of college-like system). Anybody can say "We do what it takes to get it done" but that can be countered with "The other team didnt do what it took to get it done". Which in this case, appears to be true.

Face it, your boys looked rather mediocre the other night. Be thankful that the Steelers are in a rather weak division, being lucky enough to have 1/4 of the season playing the Browns and Bungles. For that reason, the Steelers will probably make the playoffs this year (assuming they beat the Ravens), but will not repeat.

The loss of Polamalu is gonna hurt for a few weeks, the dude is a freak.. and his absence was well noted during the 2nd half. (Man that was a kick-ass INT he made)

Parker's production has been steadily declining, and with that O-line.. and Rotten-hamburgers propensity to hold the ball...teams are gonna be blitzing all year on them...wouldnt be surprised to see Big Ben miss a few games due to injury..one thats non-motorcycle related.

But keep on keeping on.. I understand that being a fan can blind reality at times.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I have to say, JEFF, the Steelers defense is one of the toughest if not the toughest in the NFL............the Titans running game was stopped cold. I didn't think it could be done, but they stopped it. But Polamalu's absence for a few weeks will hurt them for sure.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Believe me, I pay attention. And what I paid attention to the other night was a piss-poor snap and hold, and extremely sad blocking on another FG attempt. And of course, the coin flip in OT (I wish they would adopt some type of college-like system). Anybody can say "We do what it takes to get it done" but that can be countered with "The other team didnt do what it took to get it done". Which in this case, appears to be true.

Face it, your boys looked rather mediocre the other night. Be thankful that the Steelers are in a rather weak division, being lucky enough to have 1/4 of the season playing the Browns and Bungles. For that reason, the Steelers will probably make the playoffs this year (assuming they beat the Ravens), but will not repeat.

The loss of Polamalu is gonna hurt for a few weeks, the dude is a freak.. and his absence was well noted during the 2nd half. (Man that was a kick-ass INT he made)

Parker's production has been steadily declining, and with that O-line.. and Rotten-hamburgers propensity to hold the ball...teams are gonna be blitzing all year on them...wouldnt be surprised to see Big Ben miss a few games due to injury..one thats non-motorcycle related.

But keep on keeping on.. I understand that being a fan can blind reality at times.

I've heard most of this before, specifically last year. We'll have to see chap.

I have to say, JEFF, the Steelers defense is one of the toughest if not the toughest in the NFL............the Titans running game was stopped cold. I didn't think it could be done, but they stopped it. But Polamalu's absence for a few weeks will hurt them for sure.

Yeah, it'll hurt the D, but they'll still be okay. Luckily the schedule isn't too too difficult, not that it means much.

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
Having grown up as a steeler fan my entire life I can say that honestly nothing matters at the end of the day but the score on the board. And the steelers just seem to put more points there then their opponents, that being said they also have the nasty habit of playing to the level of their opponents. Case and point being that they never have 70-0 wins vs either the browns or bungles. Polamalu being out will hurt for a few weeks, and I think it will be a surprise for a lot of people just how much that defense relies on him.

As for overtime, I have been saying it for years that the pros need to adopt the college system but start from say the 35 so if the team failed to gain any yards the field goal would be a 52 yarder (not exactly a gimmie either). Then play on as they do in college.

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
As for overtime, I have been saying it for years that the pros need to adopt the college system but start from say the 35 so if the team failed to gain any yards the field goal would be a 52 yarder (not exactly a gimmie either). Then play on as they do in college.

Agreed, except that I would have a kickoff(s), just like normal, and make sure that each team were given an equal amount of possessions until one scores, and one doesnt (or one scores more than the other)

I really dont understand what the reasoning is behind the NFL not wanting to adopt such a system. Seems like a no-brainer to me. More importantly, it seems fair.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.