• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just FYI

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
College didn't include kick-offs into overtime to avoid injuries. I imagine the NFL would do the same, if they ever wake up and adopt a decent OT set-up that is. I like the idea of starting off on the 35 or 40.

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
I don't get how some people just can't get it through their thick skulls. This is how the Steelers play football. They do what needs to be done to win. If you didn't learn that lesson last year, or a few nights ago, I daresay it's almost hopeless.

Maybe you should pay more attention to what the team with 6 rings is doing, since only one team has gotten that high. Oh, and don't call me Steelers fan, my name is Jeff.

Just curious if you've been paying attention to "how the team with 6 rings" is doing as of late. Seems like they havent been doing "what needs to be done to win". But maybe that's just my perception.

That is all.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I don't get how some people just can't get it through their thick skulls. This is how the Steelers play football. They do what needs to be done to win. If you didn't learn that lesson last year, or a few nights ago, I daresay it's almost hopeless.

Maybe you should pay more attention to what the team with 6 rings is doing, since only one team has gotten that high. Oh, and don't call me Steelers fan, my name is Jeff.

Jeff, are you okay?? On suicide watch?? First, the Steel Curtain becomes a wet shower curtain. Then, the Tiger Woods fiasco. And, this past Thursday.... the Browns???? The Browns!!!!!?????? Woops! "This is how the Steelers play football" and "I'm Tiger Woods, just do it!!" LOL

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
"You should always care for your words to be sweet in case you have to swallow them one time" Buddha

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Just curious if you've been paying attention to "how the team with 6 rings" is doing as of late. Seems like they havent been doing "what needs to be done to win". But maybe that's just my perception.

That is all.

No shit, thanks troll. That's all you've done in this thread, please gtfo as I'll probably be putting you on ignore anyway. Get someone to PM me when you post something actually useful.

Jeff, are you okay?? On suicide watch?? First, the Steel Curtain becomes a wet shower curtain. Then, the Tiger Woods fiasco. And, this past Thursday.... the Browns???? The Browns!!!!!?????? Woops! "This is how the Steelers play football" and "I'm Tiger Woods, just do it!!" LOL

It's been a rough string for the Steelers, alas, they are in a funk. Still a great team.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Oh and if anyone thinks that my reaction to thekid was a bit much, fair enough. His word choice and phrasing when I first posted this was irritating and found inflammatory, I'm just not in the mood for it now.

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
If one makes a thread boasting about their favorite team, how good they are, and their 6 rings....then one should expect a little flack when the aforementioned team screws the pooch. Lighten up, and take the ribbing like a man....or, put me on ignore...as that will certainly show me!!! :rolleyes:

For your playing partners sake, I hope you arent this touchy on the course.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
For your playing partners sake, I hope you arent this poor at following directions.

That said, I wasn't in the mood for it last night.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
If one makes a thread boasting about their favorite team, how good they are, and their 6 rings....then one should expect a little flack when the aforementioned team screws the pooch.

Completely agree. When you boost you have to expect to be hit back when your boosting factor disappears. I guess its just the obvious matter of discusion and attitude, ain't I right?

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Completely agree. When you boost you have to expect to be hit back when your boosting factor disappears. I guess its just the obvious matter of discusion and attitude, ain't I right?

Limp did it and I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is some 95 post jerk who could pretend he's some objective fan in the Packers forum and their problems but only posts here. I don't mind people kidding around and pointing out my words. I do mind trolls.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
Federal Government to Bail Out Pittsburgh Steelers
Calling the Steeler Nation "too big to fail", the government has announced a planned federal bailout of the woeful Pittsburgh Steelers.
Citing the catastrophic impact their 5-game losing streak has had on the team's ability to qualify for this year's NFL playoffs, the Obama administration says it will adjust the reigning Super Bowl champs' 6-7 win-loss record to 9-4 by converting losses suffered at the hands of the lowly Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders and Cleveland Browns to narrow victories.​
http://www.newsmutiny.com/pages/Steeler-Bailout.html

:wink:

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
See, now that's freakin hilarious. :D

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
Limp did it and I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is some 95 post jerk who could pretend he's some objective fan in the Packers forum and their problems but only posts here. I don't mind people kidding around and pointing out my words. I do mind trolls.

You got a bit irritated @ me when I was the first poster in this thread to burst your bubble when I told you how lucky your team was when they won the game mentioned in your OP, and then when I pointed out that the Steelers were in fact, pretty mediocre. I did, however, think they would make the playoffs but Cinnci through a monkey wrench into that prediction. With that being said, I'd appreciate it if you got a hold of Mr. Mendenhall and tell him I'd like a much better performance from him this week, as his 6 points last week damned near kept me out of my FF playoffs.

There, that's 96 posts....what's the "jerk limit", 100? Or should I strive for 1000?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
You got a bit irritated @ me when I was the first poster in this thread to burst your bubble when I told you how lucky your team was when they won the game mentioned in your OP, and then when I pointed out that the Steelers were in fact, pretty mediocre. I did, however, think they would make the playoffs but Cinnci through a monkey wrench into that prediction. With that being said, I'd appreciate it if you got a hold of Mr. Mendenhall and tell him I'd like a much better performance from him this week, as his 6 points last week damned near kept me out of my FF playoffs.

There, that's 96 posts....what's the "jerk limit", 100? Or should I strive for 1000?
:horse1: :1898_: :faintthud:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.