• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Justin Thomas: 'PGA Definitely Had a Special Place in My Heart'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Graphic courtesy of PGA.com.​

JUSTIN THOMAS BROKE FROM A PACK of contenders to win the 99th PGA Championship at Quail Hollow Club in Charlotte, North Carolina. The son of a PGA club professional and a close friend of three-time major winner Jordan Spieth, Thomas shot a closing 68 to claim his first major victory.

"[T]he PGA definitely had a special place in my heart," Thomas said, "and maybe a special drive. It's just a great win for the family, and it’'s a moment we'll never forget — all of us."

Francesco Molinari, Patrick Reed and Louis Oosthuizen finished in a tie for second. Third-round leader Kevin Kisner (74), who held at least a share of the lead for much of Sunday, faltered on the incoming nine and tied for seventh. World No. 3 Hideki Matsuyama also stumbled to the clubhouse, finishing with a 72 that landed him in fifth.

Thanks to clutch shot making, a warm putter and a timely break or two, Thomas separated himself on the incoming nine and survived the Green Mile to fulfill his dream of winning that first major. One of the first people to congratulate him when he walked off the 18th green was his pal since boyhood.

"So awesome, dude," said Spieth.

"Hey, JT, crazy thought. When we grow up, let's win back-to-back majors. You in?" pic.twitter.com/Y6ftBnP5BP
— Alan Bastable (@alan_bastable) August 13, 2017

Source: Justin Thomas: 'PGA Definitely Had a Special Place in My Heart'

🔥 Latest posts