• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Karma Grips

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Anybody use them? At $1.09 a grip I am thinking hard about grabbing some....

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
United States United States
Yep.
Ive bought them and they are every bit as good as the name brand equivalent.

edit.
Actually the grips I bought that I didnt end up liking were the Black Widow low end velvet grips.
The Karma grips Ive used have been 10 times more durable and had a lot more grip to them as long as you keep them clean

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Jim, I just picked up a set of them off the bay. I'm not sure when I'm going to install them though.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Jim, I just picked up a set of them off the bay. I'm not sure when I'm going to install them though.
When you do, let me know. I am curious.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I used to play nothing but Tour Velvets. I tried some Karma Black Velvet grips 3 years ago on a couple of my drivers and fairway woods. They still look and feel like new.

I'm a big fan and switched last year's gamers to them as well as a new set of irons I built this winter. Hireko finally is making them in a ribbed version which I prefer on my irons and hybrids.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Jim I finally got around re-gripping a few of my irons and hybrids with these. I'm going to try and get out in the morning and I'll let you know how I feel. Just holding them in the house here I like them so far.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Jim I finally got around re-gripping a few of my irons and hybrids with these. I'm going to try and get out in the morning and I'll let you know how I feel. Just holding them in the house here I like them so far.
Definitely let me know! Hard to pass up $1 a grip.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I bought 250 basic grips for less than 200.00 some time ago. No name on them just normal vulcanized rubber in the tour velvet pattern. They work out great. Id love to find the polymer cork lightweight kind for the same price but fat chance

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Well Jim, these things look, feel, and play just like GP Tour velvets. I'm happy with them. Now to find out about longevity.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
I use them AG.

They'll easily last 50 rounds mate. Probably closer to 80-100. So they'll cost you around $0.01 a round. They're great.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Ok, I've got about a 20 or so rounds on these grips and they are holding up quit well. The only issue I have is when I'm chipping my left thumb sits in the logo well and is more noticeable than on the GP Tour Velvets, but that is quit minor.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Quit misspelling quite. It's quite annoying and you must quit. :D

I need to re-grip my clubs this year. Really want the golf pride ones...but they're stupid expensive...so looks like it'll probably be these.

🔥 Latest posts