• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Kentucky Trip

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
WBL I figured your shoulders were large enough for a little ribbing concerning the driver. I'm still mulling over that R5 you let me hit in a TP version 10.5* with something less than x stiff shaft.
Or a SUMO similar to sssmokn,s with a reg or stiff proto by you. When will the hoing stop???

Glad you liked the 3 wood. How was your chipping form. Did it return to how
good you were green side at first WSTO (Wisconsin Shottalk Open)?

Or maybe I'll get a new putter just because I can.

Anyway this snow needs to leave or I need to get to Kentucky too. I was in St.Louis last week but too WET to golf.

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
zaphod posted: sssmokn--how did that new driver perform???
I hit one good drive with it, but I'm going to get an inch taken off........too long for any consistent results. It has potential...........LOL.

chemboy2 posted: Kudos for the choice of beer, the driver, and three days of golf.

What were you thinking?'s go out for the jeans and gym socks...
Oh no..........we've committed another major fashion faux paux in less than a week. :wow:

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Looks like ya'll had a great time, maybe there was too much Red Stripe consumed and it clouded your fashion judgement?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Great job, guys. You played well especially considering your winter hibernation.

Just remember to bring your dress trousers for when you play Augusta National. :)

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
chemboy2 Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianDVM
Great job, guys. You played well especially considering your winter hibernation.

Just remember to bring your dress trousers for when you play Augusta National. :)

That would be the pleated jeans...
Yup............with NASCAR on the back pockets...................I'm beginning to wonder about ya, chemboy2. You seem overly concerned about our dress code. You aren't gay, are you...............LOL.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Geez, you'd think sssmokin would want to at least dress better than wbl! I mean, how hard is that, really? ;)

Great pics, guys!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
W
BL I figured your shoulders were large enough for a little ribbing concerning the driver. I'm still mulling over that R5 you let me hit in a TP version 10.5* with something less than x stiff shaft.
Or a SUMO similar to sssmokn,s with a reg or stiff proto by you. When will the hoing stop???

Glad you liked the 3 wood. How was your chipping form. Did it return to how
good you were green side at first WSTO (Wisconsin Shottalk Open)?

Or maybe I'll get a new putter just because I can.

Anyway this snow needs to leave or I need to get to Kentucky too. I was in St.Louis last week but too WET to golf.

zaphod

I can take it!!! :D (I'm used to it in here!!!) :D (and I wished I would have kept that R5 TP too)... :)

Chipping was darn good by both sssmokin and myself. So was the putting, especially considering the greens weren't in the best shape. (Putting was much better then that WSTO)... :D

(Good thing you couldn't see the "longjohns" under the jeans....) :D

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Yup............with NASCAR on the back pockets...................I'm beginning to wonder about ya, chemboy2. You seem overly concerned about our dress code. You aren't gay, are you...............LOL.

Married with 2.8 kids (third is due mid-May) but my attention to fashion detail has elicited such a question on more the one occasion (even from my own wife!:p ).

It absolutely kills me everyday when I see the same co-worker wearing a black belt with brown shoes...:eek:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
The day we left (Friday) Wisconsin was in the middle of getting 15" of wet, heavy snow. We were going to leave at night but decided to beat the storm and leave in the morning. We got to Chicago (which eventually got hit with the snow) and it was only raining. We got 50 miles below Chicago and the sun was out. We ended up staying overnight at a motel since we weren't scheduled to get there until Saturday morning but it left us only a 20 mile drive on Saturday and we were in much better shape to play some golf. We gloated all day Saturday how the wives had to do the plowing and shoveling.... :D

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Scraggly Kentucky deer right by the fairway. We drove within 10 feet of them and they just kept feeding.
KY2008 023A.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online