• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

King Cobra 454 illegal?

kingdom

Dec 17, 2005
I have a king cobra 454 unlimited.

I have been advised that from April 2006 this club will become illegal, can anyone here please advise.

TIA

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
Unfortunately, yes it is. It already is in the US. Really though unless you are competing in tournaments you don't really need to be concerned. They aren't going to wrestle you down on to the tee box if you show up to your local club with one. The C.O.R. rating on them is too high (limit is .830). The good news is as long as it is in good shape you should be able to sell it to someone on eBay for probably close to what you paid for it if not a little more. Just list it as a 454 Unlimited and use the words "illegal" and "rare" and you'll sell it easily. Something like this: RARE King Cobra 454 Comp UNLIMITED "Illegal" Driver

OP
K

kingdom

Dec 17, 2005
I am just an amateur of a 24 handicap, but I can hit the ball 310+ with this club, so I do not really need to sell it. Plus I do not play in the US.

In case I do need to sell it though, what would be in your opinion be closest club to it?

TIA

GregInOz

Dang Fool
Aug 24, 2005
The closest club to it will definitely be the Cobra Comp 454. You can get a conforming version of the exact same club quite readily. Just look for the one's which DON'T say 'unlimited' on them. You can check the R&A website ( www.randa.org )for full details on how the conforming and non-conforming versions are marked.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.