• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ladies Golf Bags

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Just curious, are Ladies golf bags any shorter than men's? Didn't seem like they could be and still fit well on a cart well with the straps.

What are any key differences? Are they just lighter?

For those who have used them, which do you prefer. My wifes wedges get caught up in her bag because of the height of her current bag, but actually think it might just be the design of the dividers after looking at different ones this week. They really didn't have any ladies bags to check. She thought they may be shorter.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I have a ladies stand bag here and it's definitely shorter than my men's bags. Looks like about 1-1.5" shorter, in fact.

I'm building a set of clubs for one of my bud's daughters right now and need to get her a bag. Thanks for reminding me. :laugh:

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I always thought they were just different colors :p
Actually, at first, that is what both my wife and I thought. :)

I have a ladies stand bag here and it's definitely shorter than my men's bags. Looks like about 1-1.5" shorter, in fact.

I'm building a set of clubs for one of my bud's daughters right now and need to get her a bag. Thanks for reminding me. :laugh:
Thanks, just curious, what type of bag is it?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
My wife has 2 bags: The pink Adams bag that came with her A2's (never used, will be sold) and a black/pink trim ladies bag she liked better. If I remember correctly, both bags are shorter than my Ogio.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Back to this thread late but I now have two ladies bags in my possession.

One is an Acuity (Dick's house brand) ladies stand bag. It's actually quite a nice stand bag and I think made by Datrek. Anyway it is about an inch shorter than the Datrek and Ogio cart bags.

The other ladies bag is a Solaris cart bag (from Diamond Tour Golf) with 14 way dividers, external putter tube, blah blah, typical cart bag. Nice bag also, especially for the money ($69). It's an inch shorter than my Datrek and Ogio cart bags as well.

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
My wife's never used stand bag is about an inch shorter than my Titleist bag. She doesn't use it because her clubs were always getting tangled up plus it never had enough room for all the crap she carries on the course. She's now using a Callaway cart bag even though we normally walk.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Definitely shorter. I have three:

Datrek IDS. I bought it to keep the clubs separated, but the dividers don't go all the way down. So they still tangle. It's my cart bag.

My carry bag is a Sun Mountain 3.5. Incredibly light bag. Holds what I need, but not as many pockets at the Datrek. Only 6 slots.

I also have a Keri bag that's sort of a hybrid. Worst of both worlds.

The new OGIOs have a different divider system that's supposed to work well. I haven't tested it, because it's designed for woods and I play mostly hybrids.

Steph08

Oct 1, 2009
Ladies golf bag is definitely shorter than men's golf bag..

It is usually made of canvas, for carrying golf clubs and golf balls. It is more lighter than men's golf bag..

You can spend lots of money or relatively little money on a ladies golf bag.

You can buy big, fancy leather bags like the LPGA pros use, or you can opt for small, lightweight bags designed for nine quick holes on your home course.

🔥 Latest posts