• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Least expensive loft & lie bending machine?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Any of you experienced clubmakers want to tell me which loft & lie bending machine I should be saving for?

I don't want to spend the $$$ for a Mitchell.

Under $400 would be acceptable. Must be capable of left and right irons and putters, with the option for hybrids, and not dimpling the clubs too badly.

Golfworks or Golfsmith?

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Come on Ez, we can't wait to hear it...

Wedge it rim of the tire, forward adds loft, reverse takes it away, right turn to flat, and left turn upright. ;)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Come on Ez, we can't wait to hear it...

Wedge it rim of the tire, forward adds loft, reverse takes it away, right turn to flat, and left turn upright. ;)
Don't laugh. After a few tries I'm convinced Ez could come up with a ghetto (and I mean that in the best way) approach that actually works.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Wouldn't a soft jawed vise grip and a protractor work for a "Ghetto set up".

I'd be afraid to do it to my clubs, but I imagine with some practice a person could figure out how to make it work.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I'm trying to convince my wife I "need" the True Blue
MR3 Golf Designs
myOstrich Golf Clubmakers

it seems to bend everything (putters included)
but I'll probably be paying people to do my bending for a long time

Funny, I have the True Blue on my wish list for tools too. If I had some clubs to bend I'd probably buy it now. All my current clubs don't need any bending so I can't even justify it to myself right now. ;) If (and when) I get a bending machine I'm pretty sure that will be it though.

Why not spend $400 towards a custom built set? :shocked:

R35

Any self respecting Shot Talker would do both. :laugh:

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
True Blue is the machine of choice, that is for sure.

For a hobbiest though, I would suggest just check Ebay daily or set up an auto-search through them for loft/lie machines and wait to pick one up off of there.

I have an old Maltby/Golfworks L/L machine that I got off ebay for $175 delivered.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
This guy is pretty reasonable...
rick.gif

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.