• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lee Comeaux golf..as easy as it gets

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
I can tell you're excited about this move and your swing, thanks for sharing! I actually came across this guy's youtube page a few weeks back and found him very hard to understand but there was one video that helped me tremendously:

He looks like a crazy person and probably should relieve himself before getting on camera but man, the speed he creates from his wrist set position is crazy! I have been working on my transition into the ball as I've always let my wrist set fly early. I started working on swings similar to Comeaux's in the video where he stops on the way down in a spot where you'd start to unhinge and then fire through after the pause. I immediately noticed my "swoosh" was after the ball where as before I could hear it up and to the right (max speed pre impact vs. post impact). I think a drill like this (some could use the pump drill in a similar fashion) might be my ticket to more power and lag.

On a side note, I will say the amount of crap someone gets for posting something on this site from the senior members (possibly even the moderator..?) is becoming tiresome. Let's be a bit more open to someone's ideas as to not scare them off--the more ideas the better. The reason why golf instructional magazines and books continue to be produced is because there are a million ways to explain the golf swing.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
On a side note, I will say the amount of crap someone gets for posting something on this site from the senior members (possibly even the moderator..?) is becoming tiresome. Let's be a bit more open to someone's ideas as to not scare them off--the more ideas the better. The reason why golf instructional magazines and books continue to be produced is because there are a million ways to explain the golf swing.
These forums are designed for discussions. Not everyone is going to like everything and they are just as free to post their disdain (within the rules) as someone is to post their adoration. And to be clear, no moderator has shown any ill-will in this thread, but they are regular members and have the same posting rights as anyone else.

Feel free to disagree. That's what makes the world (wide web) go 'round. :)

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
No reason to be scared off.

I'm stating the facts...yes, there are billions of ways to describe the golf swing...that doesn't make this one way revolutionary nor the best thing since sliced bread. Anyone that just shows up and starts throwing video's of someone up saying their swing is 'revolutionary' is either pimping something, or doesn't understand the golf swing all that well.

I'm very happy this video or his teaching style(lack of?) has helped his game. Honestly, I am. But there's nothing overly revolutionary happening here. Lag/speed/etc and how to create it has been known for years.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I started working on swings similar to Comeaux's in the video where he stops on the way down in a spot where you'd start to unhinge and then fire through after the pause. I immediately noticed my "swoosh" was after the ball where as before I could hear it up and to the right (max speed pre impact vs. post impact). I think a drill like this (some could use the pump drill in a similar fashion) might be my ticket to more power and lag.

In the last year, I've been working to get less active with my wrists(among other things, e.g., shortening my swing)to gain more accuracy. By the end of last season, I was driving the ball as well as I ever have. I was goofing off on a launch monitor yesterday, if I use my old swing and try to create more lag, I can hit the ball 10-15 yards farther without trying to swing harder(even though my ss goes up)...but timing becomes more of an issue, my spin rates go up and I get too in-to-out and I start hitting nasty hooks and blocks. It was a nice reminder of why I quit swinging like that.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
In the last year, I've been working to get less active with my wrists(among other things, e.g., shortening my swing)to gain more accuracy. By the end of last season, I was driving the ball as well as I ever have. I was goofing off on a launch monitor yesterday, if I use my old swing and try to create more lag, I can hit the ball 10-15 yards farther without trying to swing harder(even though my ss goes up)...but timing becomes more of an issue, my spin rates go up and I get too in-to-out and I start hitting nasty hooks and blocks. It was a nice reminder of why I quit swinging like that.
What did you do to get your wrists less active? I tend to yank the club inside with a wristy takeaway and that leads to many bad things.

OP
Mystery man

Mystery man

Major winner
Phucknugget
Nov 10, 2013
Country
India India
Well..I have a very bad back,,and this stuff lets me play freely again. Simple summary,,keep weight left and throw it from the top. Some say casting, but the weight left and slamming it down prevents that. I think slam down in front of the ball,,not on top,of it. No fats for me.. Nice and straight and longer for a guy that wanted to quit because of my back. Have to keep weight left, and if you do start hitting fat,,.. Than just slam down slightly in front of it. I hit a lot of good ones now, and really don't miss at all. Always under 80 ..and I only play a dozen rounds a year. Repeatable..easy to do..and made the game fun again

Can't go wrong there

Mm

OP
Mystery man

Mystery man

Major winner
Phucknugget
Nov 10, 2013
Country
India India
Here is a father son doing this.. What I wish me and my son can do, when he gets older.. Just having fun.

So easy for me to do..with little time available

I hope I wasn't a pain,,I'm just happy after 32 yrs of this game..I found something that works. I was so sick of hacking,.now I feel like I cast. But I hit it in play and have fun again. I just wanted to share what I'm doing..long time lurker here,..and hacker. But a happy hacker now
This method may not win you the masters,,but I don't like the look of the green jacket anyways.
I will focus on winning the us open instead. :)

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Mystery man, if you like it and it works for you and allows you to enjoy the game that's all we can ask for.

OP
Mystery man

Mystery man

Major winner
Phucknugget
Nov 10, 2013
Country
India India
Thank you,,I'm not a short hitter nor am I long. But I average around 230 0off the tee.. Used to be 190. I'm actually not that short..and I can kinda keep up with the big 240 plus hitters or so

Getting better every day I work at it.. This guy doesn't look like he casts, but I think he teaches us that to help us enjoy the game. He does it all for free

Can't wait for the snow to melt.,,and get out and keep smashing it long and straight,,

If I find more videos I will post..maybe he will help some of u guys hit it long and straight too

Mm

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.