• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lee Comeaux golf..as easy as it gets

OP
Mystery man

Mystery man

Major winner
Phucknugget
Nov 10, 2013
Country
India India
Numbers type in goofy..sorry..I'm 220 of the tee now, was 190. With bad back, I will play senior tees or once in a while the reds.. For me it is about enjoying the game. I do break 80, even though I play the courses short

Thanks for replying guys....I'm glad I posted

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
What did you do to get your wrists less active? I tend to yank the club inside with a wristy takeaway and that leads to many bad things.
Get wider. The wrists are a component of the swing. Describing a swing by the path of your grip, the alignment of the shaft labels to the line, or whether you hold your pinkie out like drinking hot tea is entertaining, but how can you use it? I go for the path of the head myself, and by opening or closing the face draw and fade, or promoting or delaying release hit low or high.

OP
Mystery man

Mystery man

Major winner
Phucknugget
Nov 10, 2013
Country
India India
Wide to wide to wide..weight left..handle addressed with it back towards right pocket..and hit down

OP
Mystery man

Mystery man

Major winner
Phucknugget
Nov 10, 2013
Country
India India
All sweet spot and ball,,and hit down

This one is a good one for you guys.,,a lot of golden nuggets here

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Its a nugget alright. can he spell those sounds he is making?

If you keep this up Im gonna get my maul out and show you how its done.

OP
Mystery man

Mystery man

Major winner
Phucknugget
Nov 10, 2013
Country
India India
Here is me practicing this ..before the snow hit in late October.

OP
Mystery man

Mystery man

Major winner
Phucknugget
Nov 10, 2013
Country
India India
And this was a few days ago...I had no chance to hit a ball until last week.. 8 below here, but spring on the way. This does work for some of us. Give it a shot,, cast the club but keep weight left..and hit down

May lead to some fun golf for you

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
What did you do to get your wrists less active? I tend to yank the club inside with a wristy takeaway and that leads to many bad things.
I try to keep my wrists straighter on the take away and not cock them until the top of my swing. I was closing the face on my backswing by cocking my wrists a little...especially at the top, which was throwing the club off plane too. Shortening my backswing just helps me keep the club on plane. A straight wrist helps keep the face square to slightly open. My worst shots are caused by a closed face. I hit fades and draws with a slightly open face. A shut face is the devil to me...and my wrists keep that in check.

OP
Mystery man

Mystery man

Major winner
Phucknugget
Nov 10, 2013
Country
India India
I feel this is very revolutionary for me.. Throw it the too with weight left.. You can't go wrong., anyone want to join along and post swings trying, feel free..

I hope my son like golf..I will teach him to cast early as well.

This swing may change a lot in golf..IMO ... Lee nailed it, and he communicates his points very well

OP
Mystery man

Mystery man

Major winner
Phucknugget
Nov 10, 2013
Country
India India
A real hum dinger here. Just for you shot talk

OP
Mystery man

Mystery man

Major winner
Phucknugget
Nov 10, 2013
Country
India India
Ok..I will keep this short and sweet.. 12 balls today..all 12 nice and straight

Thank u lee

solarbear88

Jan 3, 2007
Well in defence of Mystery Man, I have been having some real success with this swing.

I spent about 2 years trying to learn a conventioinal PGA swing. Another 4+ years trying to learn TGM swing. Then one day I saw this.

Like most people I only got a couple of the pieces at first. I was not doimg some of the most important things. And it didn't really click for a few months. After 6 months I find my irons are quite solid and still improving. My woods are starting to gell nicely and I am parring more holes than I ever thought possible a year ago.

Essential bits
You have to get the grip right or the swing won't work. It has to be the neutral 10 finger grip he shows you or it won't work.
Set up 60/40 left and keep it there. There is no pivot to time here.
Centre of gravity. Put it in front of the ball and keep it there. Basically just drive the spot between your two hands down through th ball to where the cog is pointing on the ground. If you point it behind the ball you will likely hit it fat, for example.
Keep your ears level.
Backswing will likely be shorter than you are used to.

Tbh it was going back and starting to understand the cog and how Lee's set up was using it to make good shots that made tne biggest difference. And how you can use it in the downswing.

Lee is just an enormous sponge of information. He is obsessed with biomechanics and spends every waking moment thinking about it. Like a lot of people who are great thinkers, Lee wants to dump his thoughts of the day on you. As such his style has been criticised by many. Would love for him to work with a good writer to put his ideas into a proper guide. SITD has some checklists if you are interested.

The best thing about this swing is the sound it makes when you hit a ball. It turns heads. It is a big deviation from normal pga swing. So if you are having success with a conventional swing no one would expect you to switch as it is very different.

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online