• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Length of backswing

jon.b

Sep 22, 2013
In having a problem lifting up during my backswing from about 10 o'clock on which makes me want to shorten my backswing to only go to 10 o'clock. I tried doing that and video tapped it but I was still going a little too far. Anyone have a drill or thought on how to consciously limit the length of their backswing?

OP
J

jon.b

Sep 22, 2013
Are you sure you can post videos my phone is only giving me an option for pictures

OP
J

jon.b

Sep 22, 2013
I've been hitting a lot of fades which I normally don't do

OP
J

jon.b

Sep 22, 2013
I like the drill of swinging with your feet together. I haven't been to the range yet to try it out but it does really limit my backswing I think that could be a good warm up for me to show me the feeling of a short back saying thanks

Edward Byrne

Jul 30, 2013
Zimbabwe
Country
Zimbabwe Zimbabwe
Are you not maybe allowing too much hip rotation? Try bracing your left knee so it does not move too far right during the latter stages of yr. backswing.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
Im thinking he is letting the club get up and vertical out of his right wrist bend plane so its a bit high so he comes back ott and weaker.

Hard to go back when it breaks your wrist. Greg Norman sells a training aid that goes on the wrist to fingers area that could help.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I have this problem too. Just this afternoon, I went out and filmed myself hitting 2 balls with a driver while trying shorten up my swing. I felt like I really sawed it off but when I watched the video I still went past parallel. It's a tough change to make.

OP
J

jon.b

Sep 22, 2013
It definitely won't be easy and if your not conscientious about it you'll most likely resort back to your normal backswing but one of my co-workers who is in his 40s has a very short backswing and hits very well and consistent

🔥 Latest posts