• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Let's play the Favre retirement game.

Will Favre finally retire?

• Yes, he played his heart out & has nothing more to prove.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No, he doesn't want an interception to be his final play.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Maybe, but the Vikings won't know until training camp is over.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don't care, just wish the drama queen would decide quickly & put it to rest.

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
****...just let it be over!!!

Favre, no doubt a great QB, but the drama....PUH FRIGGIN LEASE....if i wanted drama i would watch jersey shore.....i don't

coachnd

Jan 21, 2010
After last night, he looks done. You could see it in his face after getting knocked all around the place. But you never know, he is the true Drama Queen!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
This one looked worse than others. It may just be his last, he got the snot beat out of him.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Hey, I know. Let's send Favre over to help the Haitians. I will gladly buy him a 1 way ticket on the condition he never, ever returns.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I kinda feel like these last 2 seasons he played dragged him down a bit, at least in my mind. I know he has all the statistical records but I don't place him in the Top 5 QB's of all time. He's great sure, but not-I don't know- really great. I don't know if that makes sense or not.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
If you had asked me 4 years ago Favre was it. I couldn't have said enough, however.... now that being an extreme Packer fan doesn't skew my view on him I have to address something that's bugged me a lot over the last two years. Announcers always talk about all the miraculous comebacks or how anything is possible when Favre has the ball at the end of the game. I can assure you, being the fan that I am, that although there were a few... there were as many if not more crushing, heartbreaking interceptions to lose the game as well. I hate the face. Anyone who has watched him for a while knows what i'm talking about too. The playing from behind and knowing i'm gonna lose sad ass it's over face. The one he had every time he threw 6 int's in a game.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
He was a great QB, put if I had to use a QB for my team to decide a game I would put Manning, Brees, Warner, Brady, Rivers, all before him.... And I ain't talking about this season when he has already given the best of his game, bla, bla, bla.

The reason why he broke most records is because he had more opportunities to do so. He never watch a game from the side line, and he played (hopefully) until he was forty. If any of the above would have played the same amount of games s Favre, they would have crushed the records a well.

Favre had an endurance no player could achieve and that's what made him a great player. "Arm-wise", he was just as good as lot of QBs have been....

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Rivers ahead of Favre? Ah...hahahahahahaha...(goes on for about 5 minutes of continued laughing). Okay, with that out of the way...

Brady and Manning okay. Brees maybe, we'll see won't we? Warner? Go back to sacking groceries.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Rivers ahead of Favre? Ah...hahahahahahaha...(goes on for about 5 minutes of continued laughing). Okay, with that out of the way...

Brady and Manning okay. Brees maybe, we'll see won't we? Warner? Go back to sacking groceries.

I would have chosen Rivers over Favre any day. And he still has lots of time to end up his tunning up. He is very very unerrated I think. And very discipine, something Favre lacked and reason why he lost a SuperBowl chance for the second time in three years. I guess taking out the matter of taste, numbers have shown he is an Elite QB, and even though after your usual rude and disrespectful answer (which I wouldn't expect more anyway), I can understand your opinion to be different, and we'll have to see what happens in the next 12 seasons Rivers still has ahead of him: He might end up being a failure and my opinion being stupid, or he might end up as a Top reliable, disciplined QB, winning surely more SuperBowls than Favre did...

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
It'll probably be after training camp starts before all of Favre's bruises fade away and he's able to get out of bed.

He might be a drama queen in your book, but I say the guy took some hard hits and still stayed in the game.

I've been thrown off of horses, kicked by cows, knocked out and had my ribs cracked in boxing/karate classes, skiied into a tree, and had my nose broken twice playing sand lot football and baseball, and I know if I had taken just ONE of those hits Favre took in that Championship game, I'd be dead.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I would have chosen Rivers over Favre any day. And he still has lots of time to end up his tunning up. He is very very unerrated I think. And very discipine, something Favre lacked and reason why he lost a SuperBowl chance for the second time in three years. I guess taking out the matter of taste, numbers have shown he is an Elite QB, and even though after your usual rude and disrespectful answer (which I wouldn't expect more anyway)(POT, MEET KETTLE), I can understand your opinion to be different, and we'll have to see what happens in the next 12 seasons Rivers still has ahead of him: He might end up being a failure and my opinion being stupid, or he might end up as a Top reliable, disciplined QB, winning surely more SuperBowls than Favre did...

Okay, so the "haha" wasn't actually meant to be a slight at you, so I do apologize for that. I like Rivers as a person, and I think he has a special kind of talent. He posts some great number and is consistintly in the top 5 for QB rating. However, what does he have to show for it? 09 Season, #3 QB Rating. 08 Season, #1 QB Rating. Post-season? This year, 76.9. Last postseason? 83.4. 85.8 before that. 55.5 before that.

I'm not saying potential isn't there, but Rivers has had many, many opportunities to lead the charge, and he just...hasn't. Favre is similar, eerily similar, but he has at least one ring to show for it. Again, time may tell different, but for now, I'd stick with Favre.

And again, I meant no offense to you Xamilo. Rivers just seems like a good numbers, nothing else sort of QB.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
And aside from the 96 Superbowl, what has Favre done? Hell the lost the next year & hasn't been back since, Warner has just as many Superbowl rings as Favre plus he's been to 2 other ones. Favre has his records because he has played forever, if any other half assed decent QB be it Brady, Manning, Rivers, Warner, etc plays anywhere near the number of years Favre has, they will smoke his records with ease....well except for that interception deal, he can keep that one.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Ok, throw out active QB's this season and go with All Time Great QB's. Is Favre in your to 5? Top 10? I would have to go pretty far down the list before I got to Favre and he holds all the records. Just for fun here is my Top 5, I won't go further back than 1980 since I never saw guys like Unitas play...so here they are

1. Montana, J

2. Elway, J
3. Brady, T (could easily be #2)
4. Young, S
5. Manning, P

It's harder than you think to come up with some names, this could lead to some interesting debate. Note I put a few spaces between #1 and #2, I think Montana is far and away the GOAT.

Members online

No members online now.