• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Like to know more about golfing at Orlando

Angchug

Mar 27, 2013
Singapore
Country
Singapore Singapore
I am planning a trip to Orlando with my wife n kid in Nov. We were be spending 2 weeks there n staying near Disney. I like to try out some of the courses there.
1) can someone kindly recommend a few nice courses? Maybe 3-4 courses
2) how the green fee are structured over there? E.g in Singapore it's cheaper to play on mon-fri in the morning.
The flt time is AM 7:15-915, PM 12:15-2:15, 7 mins per flt.
3) are the courses crowded? Any Time slot I should avoid?
4) is buggy on track or fairway?
5) I prefer to play 36 holes/day
6) club rental availability and charges

Thanks in advance

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I've never played in Orlando, but I've heard good things about the Disney courses. Might check into a package deal if you're going to Disney anyway.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
My friend went to Orlando last year and enjoyed it. He played the Disney courses. One of them holds a PGA event. He also went to the World Golf Hall of Fame and he said that is a must see. There is a course that has 18 different replica holes from famous courses...like the 17th at Sawgrass. I'm not sure if that is part of the WGHF but I think it's close. Google is your friend.

OP
Angchug

Angchug

Mar 27, 2013
Singapore
Country
Singapore Singapore
Shingle Creek golf course is very near to the hotel I booked, anyone played there? Worth playing?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I played timequan spelling might be off.

Great course! Loved it. There's an island hole, but its sand instead of water. I would recommend it if your close to it.

OP
Angchug

Angchug

Mar 27, 2013
Singapore
Country
Singapore Singapore
When I played in Houston, they offer specials price if I play 36 holes, is the pricing structure similar across states? Since its such a long journey to get there I am thinking of playing 36 holes whenever I got the chance.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
When I played in Houston, they offer specials price if I play 36 holes, is the pricing structure similar across states? Since its such a long journey to get there I am thinking of playing 36 holes whenever I got the chance.
Most courses offer what's called replay rates which are typically half price or something on the second round.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.