• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for a good 3 wood

dknisle1

Jan 25, 2014
Hi everyone. I haven't been on in a while. Anyways it's good to be back. I've been hitting my 3 wood better than my driver lately but it's getting old. I've heard about the 3 wood being not as regulated as a driver. So my question is, what is a good hot face 3 wood that's out there? Thank you.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
What do you currently have? Its the only one not listed on your signature.

OP
dknisle1

dknisle1

Jan 25, 2014
Amp cell 3 wood. I need to change the signature too. I now have a ping Scottsdale putter

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Cool. The legendary Tour Edge Exotics 3 wood still competes strongly with the fairway wood distance brigade. But TM, Cally and Ping offer good options. Get yourself down to a simulator and grab a bunch to try. There are also some mini drivers to consider. TM do a Superfast version in 12 degrees I think. It looks like a 3 wood but lots of good report of driver like distance but easier to hit.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
The Tour Edge Exotics CB5 is an absolute rocket, I love mine! The Fubuki shaft in there is the real deal as well.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
I'm bagging a new Tommy armour 845, that seems to do very well, very forgiving, and easy to hit off the deck.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Don't count out the adjustable fairway woods out there today. Short course, tight course where you will hit the 3-wood mainly off the tee... crank it to 14 degrees and it becomes a mini-driver. Longer course where you need to be able to hit it off tight fairways... move it to 16 degrees. And, each person's own swing profile will determine whether you need less loft or more loft. With the option of adjusting a few degrees either way, you can fit it to your game. TMAG, Callaway, Cobra, Titleist, and others are selling adjustable fairways today.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I have a TEE something or other...

I rarely use a 3w...but the times I have hit it, it was nice. I think I need to cut down the length though...it's a bit long for my liking.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
15º Taylormade Burner, this is my Can't miss club and works great off the deck. I rarely use a driver and prefer to use this as it's damn near as long and a lot more accurate for some reason.
4482.JPG

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online