• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Losing Weight

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I'm still here. Where have the rest of you been? :laugh:

No weigh in until sometime in March. I am feeling better and think I have lost some weight but will not know for sure until my Doctors appointment. I only had one wrestling match with Total Gym this week as I am down in Naples visiting the folks, but I have gotten some swimming in and ended up lugging all of my SLR gear around Sanibel Island yesterday on a 5 mile walk so that should count for something. :D

If nothing else, I feel better about myself and feel like I have more energy. I had my first fast food in 2 weeks on the drive down to Naples the other night and I felt like sh!t afterwords. More motivation to stay away from it. :D
Good work, Tim! BTW - any thoughts on "Tampa- Part Deux" yet? Does April 5th in Dunedin work for you?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Good work, Tim! BTW - any thoughts on "Tampa- Part Deux" yet? Does April 5th in Dunedin work for you?

I am away from my schedule at the moment, left it in Orlando where it belongs. :D It looks like a Saturday and I should be off that day so there is a good chance I can make it. Nothing too late though, I have a 4AM wakeup on Sunday morning for work.:( I will let you know when I get back home.

Nice shots from PR. I kind of though you had gone AWOL from the site, then remembered your trip after you posted the photos. Nice hat, did you steal it from Benoit on the Big Break?:laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I am away from my schedule at the moment, left it in Orlando where it belongs. :D It looks like a Saturday and I should be off that day so there is a good chance I can make it. Nothing too late though, I have a 4AM wakeup on Sunday morning for work.:( I will let you know when I get back home.

Nice shots from PR. I kind of though you had gone AWOL from the site, then remembered your trip after you posted the photos. Nice hat, did you steal it from Benoit on the Big Break?:laugh:
Cool. Yeah, right after the PGA show, I had a solid week out of Tampa doing shows for my company, then PR, then recovering from PR. I still have a lot of blogging to do. Right now I'm staring at a bunch of brochures that I need to take pics of...

Enjoy Sanibel. Nice place.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Enjoy Sanibel. Nice place.

Nice place if you don't have to drive. $6 USD just to cross the bridge to get there, then 40 minutes to go 2.6 miles to get off. Been there, done that, don't plan on going back unless I am staying on the island or take a boat. :laugh:

Stayed with the foks in Naples, on the dry side of Rte 41 if your wondering. :D They are down for the month and renting a pretty sweet condo so it was a good time.

I may be out for April 5th. Brother in law coming into to town, may not be gone until the 6th. I will have to let you know once the schedule has been confirmed.:(

Not feeling so thin after the long weekend away, I will have to get on the bike and get out the TG for a wrestling match in the morning.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I have put on a few llbs, guys. Hit the sauce for 8 consecutive days there since Wed. 6th through to this Wed. past and with that I have been eating pretty badly again. Still, am walking loads and stuff, but need to get back in to the mentality that I was in regarding this.

Hope you're all doin' good.

A.

89Tiger

Press.
Jan 1, 2008
Andy,

I used to work in the OTC weight loss business (shakes, powders, bars, etc). Diet is important, but activity is critical. My suggestion would be to do 30 minutes of any activity a few times a week (walk, clean the house, chase the missus, etc). Check out Men's Health on eating tips that will dramatically decrease your caloric intake without making you crazy.

As always, I recommend playing golf 2-3 times a week. You burn ~475 calories/hour when you carry your own clubs. That is equivalant to a good 30 minute cardio workout. 2.000 calories burned in a four hour round... play more golf.

Good luck on your project. Be patient, you will lose a pound or two a week so set realistic expectations. As far as alcohol, Guiness has about 100 calories (the same as lite beer). FYI - all the diets are BS - play more golf!

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
2.000 calories burned in a four hour round... play more golf.

I highly doubt this number. I'll wear a heart rate monitor one of these times to give you an accurate read. I'd wager it somewhere around 5-600

Also, according to google Guinness has 200 cals ;)

I don't want to come off as a know it all jerk here, but I just don't agree with the advice you've given sorry... if it works for you tho, then I say go for it :D

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
Larda$$
icon10.gif
Even after the Xmas meals, 6'1" 145.5 this morning. :laugh:

We also have to remember he hits from the White tees and only puts it out there 250, Yeah the rest of us still carry you on the fly from the tips!

WE PUT OUR WEIGHT INTO IT !:killersmiley:

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
I am down about 43 lbs now since August. I was 235 and now I am down to 192. My goal is 178 so I have about 14 lbs to go. I expect to be there some time in mid April. I have really kicked up the workouts over the last month or two.

It is amazing how much better I feel and look now. I have had strangers that work in my building come up to me and say wow you lost a ton of weight. I have also had friends I haven't seen in months and they barely recognized me. That is always a really cool feeling hearing those things and it motivates me even more.

The key for me has really been working out. I am lifting 3 days a week and doing core and flexability work about 3 days a week. I have stayed away from fast food, cut back on eating out and really watched my portion size. I have not gone hungry by eating more frequently in smaller portions. I still cheat once or twice a week but that is it.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
9 lbs. heavier and keeping it nice and lean. 153lbs. and if you want to get precise, 6ft. 3/4in. So far so good.

DSCF2260.JPG

DSCF2262.jpg
DSCF2260.JPG
DSCF2262.jpg

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
nice work dude... definite size increase in triceps.

Thanks. I did notice my triceps blew right back up pretty quick. I have been hitting them twice as much as my biceps, plus the dumbell inclines bring them into play a lot to control the weights. We must be getting pretty close in weight right now, so if you beat me on the course we'll have to go double or nothing wrestling match.
icon10.gif

🔥 Latest posts

Members online