• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Love Story: Dru in the Field, Davis on the Bag

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Davis Love IV and his father/caddie Davis Love III on the 15th hole
during the first round of the U.S. Open.
(Copyright USGA/John Gress)​

OF COURSE, FATHER'S DAY IS SUNDAY, and I'd say that Davis Love III caddying for his son Dru at Erin Hills is near the top of feel-good stories.

The elder Love spoke to Golf Channel earlier in the week about carrying for his son.

"It has been exciting for Dru," Love said. "I got him through the local qualifying and then he made it on to the sectional on his own while I was trying to play. Obviously this week playing in his first major championship in his first week as a professional, it is pretty incredible to be on the bag.

"People have been asking me, 'Don’t you wish you were playing?' I don't think I'd rather be playing than to get to do this. What a great experience it is for me and hopefully I can help him."

It will also be a test of endurance for the 53-year-old Love.

"I've caddied for him in 72-hole tournaments in the past," he said, "but not on these kinds of hills and not with this pro bag. It is going to be a challenge for any caddie this week. It is going to be a long walk for everybody. Once we get inside the ropes, the adrenaline will take over and I'll be able to make it."

Dru Love shot a 71 in the first round and is currently at 1 over, which is the projected cut line.

Source: Love Story: Dru in the Field, Davis on the Bag

🔥 Latest posts