• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lovin' the NFL again!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
just had to chime in about my Niners once again! Sitting at 11-3, inside track to the #2 seed in the NFC and just got done beating one of the "premier" AFC teams and Jeff's team the Steelers on MNF.

The NFL is much more fun to watch when your team actually has a shot at winning!

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
This was another awesome week. I would have beat a testicle on the Packers winning, and there you go! They lost to the Chiefs!!!! The Niner's game was pretty good. I think its been at least 8 years since I was exited to watch SF on a Sunday or Monday Night game. There are a couple of teams no one is talking about but might give some surprises like the Falcons or the Saints (Brees is playing at a ridiculous level. He makes Rodgers look like an amateur sometimes, and that is too much to say).

It is unfortunate this year the NFC has become so much interesting than the AFC. I don't think I'm craving to watch any team in that conference but the Patriots or maybe the Texans. I would say a SB between any two of the NFC seeds would be much more interesting, but I hope to be wrong and the AFC level to get better in this couple of weeks remaining.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
This was another awesome week. I would have beat a testicle on the Packers winning, and there you go!

Jesus Effing Christ dude.....OUCH! I'm a die hard packer fan through and through...i would not even beat a testicle on that.

EDIT: I guess i should ask...are you beating your own? Or someone else's?

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Jesus Effing Christ dude.....OUCH! I'm a die hard packer fan through and through...i would not even beat a testicle on that.

EDIT: I guess i should ask...are you beating your own? Or someone else's?

Sorry sorry, spelling mistake....

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I just watched one of the best NFL games ever!

What a game!!!! The Niners defense is just ridiculously good! Seeing Smith push the guard and sacking Brees with another body between them was amazing. Brees passing game was amazing in the second half! Alex Smith running pay was awesome!

Now I only hope the Packers win tomorrow because I don't want to miss a 49rs vs Packers game!!!!!!! I want to see if the Niners can take Rodgers as well!!!

This has been the best NFC definition in a long long time. I could have bet on any of the four teams winning the NFC. I just hope the AFC team has something to show or it would be the most annoying Superbowl ever!

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I LOVED that game! All week long I listened to NFL experts and talking heads saying that while the Niners D was good, it wasnt good enough to beat the Saints! That sack that you mention X was awesome!

Lets give credit to Alex Smith too! 24/42, 299yds, 3 TDs and another rushing! And honestly who thought he would march that team right back down the field with 1:30 left to WIN! What a great game!

On another note Brady is shredding the Broncos now and the Broncos are making the Pats D look like the 85 Bears...Guess I wont need to stay up late tonight....

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
I LOVED that game! All week long I listened to NFL experts and talking heads saying that while the Niners D was good, it wasnt good enough to beat the Saints! That sack that you mention X was awesome!

Lets give credit to Alex Smith too! 24/42, 299yds, 3 TDs and another rushing! And honestly who thought he would march that team right back down the field with 1:30 left to WIN! What a great game!

On another note Brady is shredding the Broncos now and the Broncos are making the Pats D look like the 85 Bears...Guess I wont need to stay up late tonight....

I gotta say I was surprised Smith was able to do that. The best pro game I have seen in awhile, if not ever.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Everybody was writing off Alex Smith at the beginning of the year, but they showed a very telling stat last night. He has been in the league 6 years and is on offensive cord. # 6. That cant be helpful to a young QB. Not making excuses and he still has a way to go but last night and this season I think he showed that he CAN be a good NFL QB.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Also let me add that that last drive led by Alex Smith and Harbaugh was a picture perfect 2 minute drive.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Sorry Jim, but if the Patriots can sustain the level of play they showed last night, it doesn't matter who wins the NFC ;)

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Sorry Jim, but if the Patriots can sustain the level of play they showed last night, it doesn't matter who wins the NFC ;)

The Giants are the only ones the Patriots stand a chance against. Against Green Bay in a Shoot-Out I think Rodgers wins. Against the 49s playing the way they played yesterday, Brady is dead.

Brady played against a second class team last night. That made things much easier. During the season, he struggled against good defenses like Pittsburg. I don't even think they are enough for the Texas or Raven's defense in the AFC championship. Nevertheless, we are talking about the best NFL coach and one of the best QBs in the history of the game, so, anything could happen!

Oh, and BTW Jim, I still don't think Smith is a good enough QB. He made an AWESOME 2 minute drive at the end, and he indeed won the game, but he failed to convert touchdowns in four red zone appearances, had consecutive drives of 1 yard and punt, 12 yards and punt, 4 yards and punt and 5 yards and punt during the second half. With a stable QB against a not so good Saints defense, there wouldn't have been any need for a miracle finish since the Niner's would have been leading for 10-17 points at least.

The Defense was brutal and they made the Saints lose 5 balls. Both the interceptions where good passes who were intercepted by a clever defense, and a couple of passes to the end zone were taken out from the receiver's arms by the brutal CB game. I mean, if the Defense had lost concentration just two minutes, the game would have gone the other way. As we spoke with SUX yesterday, when a team loses FIVE BALLS and the final score is just 3 points over, something is wrong with the offense...

Anyway, again, wonderful game. I'm expecting a similar awesome game today for the NFC, and an amazing championship game for both conferences.

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
Oh, and BTW Jim, I still don't think Smith is a good enough QB. He made an AWESOME 2 minute drive at the end, and he indeed won the game, but he failed to convert touchdowns in four red zone appearances, had consecutive drives of 1 yard and punt, 12 yards and punt, 4 yards and punt and 5 yards and punt during the second half. With a stable QB against a not so good Saints defense, there wouldn't have been any need for a miracle finish since the Niner's would have been leading for 10-17 points at least.

Agree. A great defense makes an ok QB look much better. Look at Flacco of the Ravens. Put him on a team with a crap defense and all of a sudden he is not as good as good as people thought.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
T

You guys kill me. He played a great game last night and you still down him. Its understandable though because we have gotten used to guys like Brady, Brees and Rodgers who throw it all over the place and score on almost every play. That's not the Niners game. I think he will be a top QB in the next few years. I could be wrong but I don't think he's lacking anything other than some stability in management and coaching.

Brady looked great last night, but again he looked great in 2007 when the Giants put him in the turf. It would be the same story against the Niners. It doesnt matter though, they will not get past the Ravens.

My prediction Niners Vs. Ravens in the Super Bowl. Pack gets beat by the Giants today....

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
I think he will be a top QB in the next few years.

Really? A top QB? He had his best year and he still would not have been considered a top QB. He threw for 3144 yards, 19th in the NFL. He averaged 196.5 ypg, 30th in the NFL. He threw 17 TD's, 17th in the NFL. Accuracy of 61.3%, 12th in the NFL. Those are not the numbers of a top QB.

Members online

No members online now.