• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mad!! Outta here! Ain't never comin' back!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I, this morning, developed a severe hatred for a number of the ShotTalkers. Bunch of pathetic ne'er do wells. I'm disgusted with the entire bunch!!!!

In my younger years, I suffered from chronic back pain. Youth years of swinging 10-gallon milk cans into the cooler took its toll on my back. However, this past few years have been completely and totally pain free... that is, until you heartless degenerates began talking about back pain on this Board.

Played pretty well on the front nine, this morning. Hit a good drive on 10, but the ball set down in an old divot. As I tried to get a fairway wood down on the ball, I felt something snap. Almost went down to the ground with the pain. It was sharp enough and painful enough that I first thought it was a kidney stone. Nope... the power of suggestion from a thread on an internet forum evidently was enough to resurrect the old back injury!! We were playing a fivesome and all four of the guys saw me stumble. I honestly believe they thought this old man was having a heart attack or something. I told them I would walk it off and I kept playing.

The next couple of holes were ridiculously painful. There was no way I could even bend over to pick up my ball. My #7 Odyssey will pick up the ball, but I had a couple putts go in the hole and someone else had to retrieve them for me. By 14, or so, I was at least beginning to be able to walk hunched over without excruciating pain. I did hobble in with a 46 on the back. 40 on the front.

I've been playing waaayyy too much golf for the old body to hold up. That, and the power of suggestion, took its toll. I begin an new project on Monday that will get me back to playing only on weekends. It will be nice to go back to work and rest up!!!!

I still hate all of you who reiterated stories of your back issues. If'n you'd a just kept it to yourselves........... Oh, well, guess I'm becoming more like Tiger every day!!!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I, this morning, developed a severe hatred for a number of the ShotTalkers. Bunch of pathetic ne'er do wells. I'm disgusted with the entire bunch!!!!

In my younger years, I suffered from chronic back pain. Youth years of swinging 10-gallon milk cans into the cooler took its toll on my back. However, this past few years have been completely and totally pain free... that is, until you heartless degenerates began talking about back pain on this Board.

Played pretty well on the front nine, this morning. Hit a good drive on 10, but the ball set down in an old divot. As I tried to get a fairway wood down on the ball, I felt something snap. Almost went down to the ground with the pain. It was sharp enough and painful enough that I first thought it was a kidney stone. Nope... the power of suggestion from a thread on an internet forum evidently was enough to resurrect the old back injury!! We were playing a fivesome and all four of the guys saw me stumble. I honestly believe they thought this old man was having a heart attack or something. I told them I would walk it off and I kept playing.

The next couple of holes were ridiculously painful. There was no way I could even bend over to pick up my ball. My #7 Odyssey will pick up the ball, but I had a couple putts go in the hole and someone else had to retrieve them for me. By 14, or so, I was at least beginning to be able to walk hunched over without excruciating pain. I did hobble in with a 46 on the back. 40 on the front.

I've been playing waaayyy too much golf for the old body to hold up. That, and the power of suggestion, took its toll. I begin an new project on Monday that will get me back to playing only on weekends. It will be nice to go back to work and rest up!!!!

I still hate all of you who reiterated stories of your back issues. If'n you'd a just kept it to yourselves........... Oh, well, guess I'm becoming more like Tiger every day!!!!
Hope your back gets to feelin better limp.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
When I was a Junior in high school, I was injured in an American style football game. We were a small team, and those my size played iron man on the line, both defense and offense. I held the center. The other team broke wide and the runner made the corner, so from the nose I took an angle on him and was running wide open when a receiver coming back to block speared me in the chest. It dislocated a vertabrae and ended my football activities. The doc said it would bother me as I got older. Man- he was right, the xray was a stair step looking thing. Its numb these days, but Im glad it wasnt worse, as it easily could have been. I dont think golf helps it at all. I dont get far from a woman that knows about back rubs either. Getting my right shoulder through the swing is challenging some days. I read the recent thread on golf injury with some interest as a result. Its no fun when it hurts.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Back trouble is no joke. A simple sneeze can put me out for weeks. I hurt mine dragging a deer out of the woods when I was 15. It's been messed up ever since then. I have to hang upside down a couple times a week to keep everything in check. Inversion tables are a gift from the gods.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
As long as its your choice to hurt yourself...A rockin’ ass, a golf tee, a 9 iron…..what could possibly go wrong?

popdust

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country

That happens to me once in awhile. It goes away. Kinda. Maybe. Take drugs. And if that don't work see a chiropractor. Good ones CAN help! Back surgery is not a good thing.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
We were playing a fivesome .........

There's your problem right there, you crotchety old fart. :)

P.S. get your quack to prescribe you some prednisone. If he won't, take your dog to the vet and tell her that the dog is itching like mad and needs some 20mg Prednisone tablets. Then you take them.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
There's your problem right there, you crotchety old fart. :)

P.S. get your quack to prescribe you some prednisone. If he won't, take your dog to the vet and tell her that the dog is itching like mad and needs some 20mg Prednisone tablets. Then you take them.
Hey, we can play 18 as a five and still finish in under 3 hours. The course has put 2's in carts out behind us that can't catch us. We hit it, find it, and hit it again. If you hit it in the high stuff... drop another and take the penalty. There is no "5-minute" rule looking for a lost ball. Ours is 30 seconds.

And... I have earned every single moment of "crochetyness" I exhibit!!!! :D

I'm not one for taking much of anything for pain. When I had my total knee replacement, I took one... ONE... of the pain pills the doc prescribed. Had a bunch of teeth pulled a couple years ago. A couple broke off and had to be "whittled" out of the sockets. Again, they had me get a pain pill prescription filled and I never took any of them. Once in a while, I may take a couple Tylenol. Nothing stronger.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Quit whining, gramps. I hope I can still walk 18 when I'm your age. Hell, I hope I can still walk!:D

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Here i was thinking word count was going to go down on the site! :D

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country