• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Man, what happened to Luke Donald?

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
With that guy at the end of it.......

Sent from my Binford 5000 Megaphone using WordWerx

What a wild ride it was for him! At least the light at the end of the dirt chute was not a train.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Yip, it's a strange one. He was unstoppable at one point. I think he tried to focus on hitting the ball further, and the game went south!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Mizuno never tossed a lot of money at the pro tours. Luke Donald was one of the very few bags we ever saw sporting the Mizuno name. His iron play and his putting were his strengths. Always enjoyed seeing him on the leaderboard so we could witness some shot-making while watching PGA Tour events.
I believe Donald got "caught" in the transition from a premium on accuracy and shot-making to today's "bomb and gouge" game. The significant percent of today's players are fit. They have personal trainers. Their daily routine includes time in the gym in addition to the age-old hitting a few hundred balls. It's difficult to compete, today, with drives of 250 yards. You have to be able to be hitting irons to par 5's and wedges to par 4's. If your 300+ yard drive ends up in the rough, you have to have the power to still get it on or close to the green. I think we saw a number of players that, between physical attributes and just some age, could no longer compete.

Sent from my PlaySkool Tap-N-Type

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Potter Jr was able to hold off the bombers to win at Pebble Beach. I liked seeing Donald play golf, his game was solid and I liked his swing. It's a shame not seeing him around

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Met Luke a year and a half ago at the BMW Championship. Super nice guy!

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1518578455.585291.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Note to self... NEVER take golf advice from FWS. If he can take down one of the best, just think what he could do to the game of us hackers!!!! The 'ban hammer' might be appropriate simply to protect the thousands of golfers who look to Shot Talk for guidance in their golf game. :D:D

Members online

No members online now.