• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

March Madness

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I had Texas taking out the Stinkin' Badgers. You picked Davidson over the Longhorns? Gutsy call. Davidson looks to be the Cinderella this year. Fitting that they took out the 'Zags first. Wisconsin-Davidson should be a good matchup. Curry against the vaunted Badger D. Not that the rest of the guys on Davidson are slouches. They look to be a well-coached, and well-disciplined team.

GO VOLS !!!

Gotta take chances to win these bracket things. Davidson was on a roll heading into the tournament so I figured I would run them through the Sweet 16. The dance ends for Davidson after they beat the Badgers. :D

Besides, I need all the help I can get with the Blue Devils bowing out so early, I had them getting to the final game and losing to the Cardinals. :unhappy:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Gotta take chances to win these bracket things. Davidson was on a roll heading into the tournament so I figured I would run them through the Sweet 16. The dance ends for Davidson after they beat the Badgers. :D

Besides, I need all the help I can get with the Blue Devils bowing out so early, I had them getting to the final game and losing to the Cardinals. :unhappy:
My "chances" involved taking all the #10 seeds. That didn't work out so well...

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country

ualtim

Yeah, right. :D Wisconsin goes even deeper. You heard it here first... :)

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
does it really matter guys.....look who the winner of that game has to play......futile either way. :beach3:

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
You might be right. On paper KU is pretty awesome. But stranger things have happened in this tourney... :D

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
You might be right. On paper KU is pretty awesome. But stranger things have happened in this tourney... :D
Come on WBL, say it ... like when they tried to work their way through the b's in the first round for two years in a row .... Bucknell, Bradley. I know, you probably just couldn't remember their names, right? :laugh:

I am the older wiser one :D I won't pretend to say I am not excited they are playing Villinova (if for no other reason, it will mean that I get to see the game :)) over Clemson, or the fact that Davidson knocked off Georgetown, and hope that they will do the same against Wisconsin. In the same sense, I would take nothing for granted that outside of my first or second year there, in the last 25 years the only KU team that won the championship was likely the least accomplished. On paper I think they look better than any team they have had since 1998 when they had Pierce and Lafrentz went in as #1 and lost to the eventual champion Arizona, and maybe even better than any team since the '86 team that had 35 wins as well, where had they won out in either, they would have set the NCAA record for wins. Actually, they have had a big tendency to losing to the eventual National Champion, when at the time it was considered on of the biggest upsets of the given tournament.

Take nothing for grant, and since I live in PA, for the love of God don't take Villanova for granted, I still haven't lived down the loss to Bucknell and I didn't know about 100 friends or acquaintances that went to Bucknell.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I seem to remember Wisconsin in the final four a few years ago when another Big 10 team (MS) won it all. And the number 1 big 10 team played in the championship game last year and the year before. And Wisconsin also playing (and almost beating) UNC in the great eight game a couple years ago. :)

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Badgers down to Davidson by 18 with about 4 minutes left. The Badgers are toast... :laugh:

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Badgers down to Davidson by 18 with about 4 minutes left. The Badgers are toast... :laugh:

I didn't have them getting out of this rd anyways. Course my tourney bracket got screwed by TN losing, I had them winning it all.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
Even I (a Davidson Alumn) am still surprised by how far they have gone this year. I knew they had a good team but did not expect this.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Big 10 teams really sucked. Wisconsin shot bricks all night. And their D looked like crap. 6' 11" white guys that can't run, jump, or shoot. There's a real winning combination. Clang! Clatter! Doink! They couldn't even make 2 free throws...........Clank! How humiliating was that performance? :(

🔥 Latest posts