• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Matt 'Back-to-Back' Every

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Matt Every​
MATT EVERY LIKES BAY HILL. With a sparkling 66 including a dramatic birdie on the final green, Every clinched his second PGA Tour win and second consecutive victory at the Arnold Palmer Invitational. He is the third repeat champion at Arnie's place.

Meanwhile, 54-hole leader Henrik Stenson groused about being put on the clock for slow play in the final round. Two 3-putt greens on the closing holes hurt the Swede, who finished second.

"I wasn't in the right frame of mind on a few of those putts, and it cost me," Stenson said.

The winner, whose middle name is "King" according to Wikipedia, struck the ball well at Bay Hill, hitting 41 fairways and 58 greens over the four days.

"I was driving it really good this week and my irons were spot on ... I kind of had a feeling," Every said. "I was shaking some of those putts in late. The one on 18 [was] straight downhill. That's what you want under pressure."

He added, "A lot of friends and family out here this week, and their support was awesome."

Rory McIlroy, who will try to complete the career grand slam with a win at the Masters next month, shot 70 in the final round and finished in a tie for eleventh.

Tiger Woods, the player with the most victories at the Arnold Palmer Invitational, was a no-show at Bay Hill this past week, which didn't escape the notice of the newest back-to-back champion.

"I actually told him, 'Don't worry, man, I'll hold it down for you until you get it back.'"

Source: Matt 'Back-to-Back' Every

🔥 Latest posts