• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Might as well have a COVID-19 thread

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
If the idiots in charge want me to take this social distancing crap seriously, then they need to start applying some logic and science. People are just too crowded and clustered to have it work as is. We need to be spaced apart. There are about 16 billion habitable acres on planet Earth and about 8 billion people. So each of us needs our own 2 acres. I'll take mine in the mountains around Linville, NC. Just send me the deed, I'll take care of the rest.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
If the idiots in charge want me to take this social distancing crap seriously, then they need to start applying some logic and science. People are just too crowded and clustered to have it work as is. We need to be spaced apart. There are about 16 billion habitable acres on planet Earth and about 8 billion people. So each of us needs our own 2 acres. I'll take mine in the mountains around Linville, NC. Just send me the deed, I'll take care of the rest.
You're too old to get prime acres. You'll get 2 acres in the arctic.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Masked up and headed to the grocery store this morning. Crowded. Was weaving my way through the masses when I heard a rather rotund "gentleman" speak in a loud voice, "Je**s Ch**st! Thought all these crazy f**kers were supposed to be home!" I really was tempted to ask him if he qualified as "one of the crazy fu**ers" since he was right in the midst of us. Thought better of it. A morning food fight in a grocery store is, probably, not the best choice of recreation.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Masked up and headed to the grocery store this morning. Crowded. Was weaving my way through the masses when I heard a rather rotund "gentleman" speak in a loud voice, "Je**s Ch**st! Thought all these crazy f**kers were supposed to be home!" I really was tempted to ask him if he qualified as "one of the crazy fu**ers" since he was right in the midst of us. Thought better of it. A morning food fight in a grocery store is, probably, not the best choice of recreation.
LMAO! "Why are all these people doing what I am doing, which I'm not supposed to be doing?"

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
LMAO! "Why are all these people doing what I am doing, which I'm not supposed to be doing?"
We live in the "Meth Mouth Midwest"!! If someone says you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer... understand our "drawer" is mostly spoons! The bib overalls might get ironed for Sunday morning church and funerals. That would be the only reason. Tobacco juice on the floor of a restaurant tells you the farmers like to eat there so it's better than home-cooked. Of course, most of the cooking done on the farm is meth. Thank goodness we have an Army base and a world-renowned state university in our community. Over the years, we've benefitted greatly from the knowledge and actual patriotism of those communities. Without those "imports", our collective intelligence might not fill a quart Mason jar. So many refuse to be part of progress into the 21st century... and some not even into the 20th! But, it's home. We just learn to smile at the idiots, so many of which we now refer to as "covidiots"!!!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

Apparently it’s a human trait, when dealing with Coronavirus, to consider everyone else an idiot. It’s its own pandemic.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I just went to the grocery store, it wasn't nearly as packed as I was expecting. However...

A few weeks ago they converted all their aisles to one-way traffic. Big red stickers on the ground at the entrance, middle, and exit of every aisle lets you know which way to go. Today a guy, with two kids younger than 5 I'd guess, none of whom were wearing masks, had one of those big carts that the kids can sit in and drive like a real car. Anyhow I ran into that fvcker five different times going the wrong way. As I was checking out, I was talking to a friend that works there. She said she ran into him going the wrong way, too. She said he looked at her, looked at the floor sign, and then told his kids "welp, looks like we're going the wrong way again," and continued on his wrong way.

He was doing it on purpose.

He was also wearing a red hat with white lettering on the front. But I digress...

🔥 Latest posts