• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Might as well have a COVID-19 thread

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
He was also wearing a red hat with white lettering on the front. But I digress...

Damn Cornhuskers
husker.jpg

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The grocery store here in town was limiting the number of people in the store on Saturday. Had tapes lines of where to enter and I had to wait for some people to leave before I could go in.

Let’s just say my faith in humanity has not been restored since this outbreak began.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
The grocery store here in town was limiting the number of people in the store on Saturday. Had tapes lines of where to enter and I had to wait for some people to leave before I could go in.

Let’s just say my faith in humanity has not been restored since this outbreak began.

The practical issue in all this that I see is that version 1.0 workers are dealing with complex, emotion charged situations involving the public that only version 4.0 workers or higher should be dealing with.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa

this has been the case here in SA since the lockdown, certain amount of people in a shop, 1 meter distancing, everybody wearing facial masks, well almost everybody.:D

i went into a mall on Tuesday, for the first time in 3 weeks, there were 3 people at most on the side where i went in, only essential shops open, rest of the mall - closed....scary walking there knowing what this virus is doing to our already junk economic......:(

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
1 way aisles are just another bullshit 'feel good' measure that really solves nothing. Now, instead of going down the one aisle I need, I have to go down two because you're never at the correct end of the aisle(for those of you that think this is a good idea, that's 100% more exposure area) Then people tell me, 'just go down every single aisle the way you're supposed to, you won't miss anything'...which again is counter productive forcing me to expose myself/others to even more area of the store unnecessarily.

As for increasing 'social distancing', horse shit. The only way that would be true is if there was no passing other patrons just because you're going the same way doesn't make you any further apart when passing. If you think I'm going to stand there 6 feet behind that 700lb woman who can't quite reach the 18th case of coke she's trying to buy, you can **** right off.

Luckily my local stores haven't adopted this crap, but if they do, I'll be taking the shortest, most efficient, and least exposure route to get my groceries and getting out. I couldn't possibly care less about some arrows drawn on the floor.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
1 way aisles are just another bullshit 'feel good' measure that really solves nothing. Now, instead of going down the one aisle I need, I have to go down two because you're never at the correct end of the aisle(for those of you that think this is a good idea, that's 100% more exposure area) Then people tell me, 'just go down every single aisle the way you're supposed to, you won't miss anything'...which again is counter productive forcing me to expose myself/others to even more area of the store unnecessarily.

As for increasing 'social distancing', horse shit. The only way that would be true is if there was no passing other patrons just because you're going the same way doesn't make you any further apart when passing. If you think I'm going to stand there 6 feet behind that 700lb woman who can't quite reach the 18th case of coke she's trying to buy, you can **** right off.

Luckily my local stores haven't adopted this crap, but if they do, I'll be taking the shortest, most efficient, and least exposure route to get my groceries and getting out. I couldn't possibly care less about some arrows drawn on the floor.
Tell us how you really feel, dude. :D

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country

Every scientific expert, every doctor/nurse/medical expert are all saying this is the right thing to do. All of them. It's people like you - who think you know better than ALL of them - are why people are dying. You're the problem.

Your attitude is absolutely the worst, and I feel sorry for you.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Every scientific expert, every doctor/nurse/medical expert are all saying this is the right thing to do. All of them. It's people like you - who think you know better than ALL of them - are why people are dying. You're the problem.

Your attitude is absolutely the worst, and I feel sorry for you.

Every single doctor?

This is hilarious, because I have numerous friends that work at UW Madison hospital that make WAY more money than I do as DOCTORS and SURGEONS that think it's horse shit. I'm not the problem. I'm focused on reducing my exposure. Going one way down a grocery store aisle does not do that. Most of the time, it increases it.

Don't feel sorry for me. I'll be just fine. My attitude is logic and not emotion based. I have agreed with and implemented logical and useful changes to my daily life that actually reduce my exposure and chance of contracting or spreading the virus. This is not one of them.

Follow it if you wish. Just don't get up in my face at Publix when you see me going the wrong way. I'll just smile and keep on with my day.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country

tenor.gif

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Nothing has changed all the much for me aside from having to cancel a weekend trip to Vegas. Both of us working, going to the store, etc.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
No. If someone believes the rules were violated and reports a post we can look into managing it/them, but the thread stays open.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.