• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Might as well have a COVID-19 thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
The 17 year old granddaughter is still pulling 50+ hours/week at a local nursing home. She works her own scheduled 40 and then pulls extra shifts for those who don't... or won't show up. The nursing home is understaffed, anyway, and she still can't say no.
They have six residents who require dialysis. Those six have to be taken from the home to a local dialysis center for the procedure. Since they leave the nursing home, the six have been move to a ward by themselves in case they are infected off site. A worker at the dialysis center's husband tested positive. The worker went ahead and kept performing dialysis and not telling anyone her husband was positive. Once the health department informed the dialysis center, the worker was discharged. Still, two of the six residents where the granddaughter works were in close contact with the worker. The evening before the nursing home found out the two had been in close contact, the granddaughter gave both baths. She said she was suited up well in PPE, but it is impossible to get someone in and out of the shower or tub without compromising at least some of the PPE protection. People....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
2901.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Spiking here in Kansas, also. We were doing pretty well until the State Legislature met long enough to tell the Governor she couldn't restrict anyone from doing anything. Bars opened. Swimming pools opened. Gyms opened. Athletic teams began practice. Now, university football team has something like 18 positives and have shut down all athletic activities. Two restaurants in town have had to shut down. Boys & Girls Club closed down due to employees testing positive. And... we are a stone's throw from Tulsa. Many from our area went there for yesterday's rally.
We cancelled our annual 4th of July trip to meet Minnesota relatives. Still staying home except for 18 holes each morning where we practice social distancing. Wife staying home except for some afternoon walks with her girlfriends at a local park where they can keep their distance.
Crazy times.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Practically everyone will be exposed to this thing eventually.
Most of them will be infected.
About half will have symptoms.
A few will get sick.
A very small number will get really sick and have to be hospitalized.
An even smaller number will die, and most of them would have died soon from some other health problem they already had.

Best to just let it run its course and get it over with. Instead our "leaders" have sent the world into a recession.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Idk what to think anymore. The world has gone crazy. I heard today VT cases are spiking, to be expected I guess. I can’t see another shutdown but at the same time I don’t get the feeling we know exactly what to do or who to listen to anymore from the top down. I find my self saying more and more two things: “we’ll see” and “it is what it is”, I guess those are 2020 catch phrases.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Practically everyone will be exposed to this thing eventually.
Most of them will be infected.
About half will have symptoms.
A few will get sick.
A very small number will get really sick and have to be hospitalized.
An even smaller number will die, and most of them would have died soon from some other health problem they already had.

Best to just let it run its course and get it over with. Instead our "leaders" have sent the world into a recession.

Spot on. Staying ahead of the curve was never about staying locked up until a cure is found.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Leaked by someone who works for my son's school district: it's highly likely they won't be going back to school next year.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Leaked by someone who works for my son's school district: it's highly likely they won't be going back to school next year.

Our schools released plans to the students with 3 options. Remote learning, coming to school with a mask and social distancing or a hybrid of the two. Honestly I admire the optimism but at this point I find it hard to believe that in roughly 8 weeks schools will be ready to open any other way than remotely.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.