• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Might as well have a COVID-19 thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Stayed home this morning. Drizzle and cold so thought better of playing golf. Mentioned to my dear wife that I planned on returning to the course tomorrow. Well, after living with a dear friend for 54 years... sometimes you can hear what they aren't saying. She casually mentioned she felt it in the better interest of my health... and hers... not to be amongst people. The tone was not demanding, but easily recognizable. I think it in the best interest of having peace with the one you are apt to be locked in the same house with for a few weeks to stay home. Now I have to decide which voices in my head to listen to.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
2206.jpg

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
3 cases in Citrus County. Our golf courses are open to members only now, everyone rides in their own carts by themselves, leave flagsticks in, hat tips on the 18th green. We made hand sanitizer ourselves from 151 proof grain alcohol and Aloe. Things are worse in VA, so we're thinking about staying here a while longer.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Went to bed last night with a runny nose and bit of a sore throat. I’m now in self-isolation.
Thursday: Throat feels a bit scratchy
Friday: Throat in full-on infected/swollen pain
Saturday: Fever
Saturday night: clearing my browsing history in preparation for impending death
Sunday: Throat feeling better, fever gone.
Monday: Back to normal

You know how scary it is to get a fever these days? My wife was in full panic mode.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Thursday: Throat feels a bit scratchy
Friday: Throat in full-on infected/swollen pain
Saturday: Fever
Saturday night: clearing my browsing history in preparation for impending death
Sunday: Throat feeling better, fever gone.
Monday: Back to normal

You know how scary it is to get a fever these days? My wife was in full panic mode.
Welcome back from the dead. :D

Glad it was just an ordinary fever type thing instead the Corona thing.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I'm kinda starting to wonder if someone walks into the doc and says they have the symptoms and the doc just rubber-stamps COVID-19 on their chart. Possible?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I'm kinda starting to wonder if someone walks into the doc and says they have the symptoms and the doc just rubber-stamps COVID-19 on their chart. Possible?
The only person I know personally that has been 'confirmed' to have Covid-19 never got a test for it. Basically the Doc asked him questions about his symptoms and said 'Yeah, you probably have it. Stay isolated for two weeks.' Since his symptoms were mild, he never ended up going to the hospital. No idea if he was one of the 'confirmed' cases or not. This was information from his dad.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.