• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Might as well have a COVID-19 thread

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
90260913_10156718898730124_4816211635213434880_o.jpg

I would've thought ssmokin posted this

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Thank god we're not allowed to pump our own gas in Oregon!
True story. We will be married 54 years in September. In those years, my wife has NEVER put gas in a vehicle we've owned. When I spent so much time on the road, that was one of my weekend "duties" to make sure her car was always filled with fuel for the next week. One time, when I was out for a full month, she called the son-in-law to help her fuel her car. If I predecease her, she may have to trade her Impala for a total electric vehicle... or a bicycle!!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Renewed restrictions seem to be a weekly occurrence in my country. Apparently we're ahead of the curve but more restrictions were deemed necessary today.

• Public gatherings, excluding household members, have been reduced to a maximum of two people.
  • Everyone warned stay home unless shopping for essentials, receiving medical care, exercising or travelling to work or education.
  • All travellers returning home from overseas will be quarantined in a hotel or designated facility for 14 days.
  • Pubs, licensed clubs and hotels (excluding accommodation), gyms, skateparks, indoor sporting venues, cinemas, beauty salons, play centres and outside playgrounds, places of worship and other public places must be closed. Supermarkets and pharmacies remain open.
Some golf clubs are doing their best to stay open. They're changing to two person tee-times. I hope I'm wrong but I think it's only a matter of time before all golf courses are ordered to be closed.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Renewed restrictions seem to be a weekly occurrence in my country. Apparently we're ahead of the curve but more restrictions were deemed necessary today.

• Public gatherings, excluding household members, have been reduced to a maximum of two people.
  • Everyone warned stay home unless shopping for essentials, receiving medical care, exercising or travelling to work or education.
  • All travellers returning home from overseas will be quarantined in a hotel or designated facility for 14 days.
  • Pubs, licensed clubs and hotels (excluding accommodation), gyms, skateparks, indoor sporting venues, cinemas, beauty salons, play centres and outside playgrounds, places of worship and other public places must be closed. Supermarkets and pharmacies remain open.
Some golf clubs are doing their best to stay open. They're changing to two person tee-times. I hope I'm wrong but I think it's only a matter of time before all golf courses are ordered to be closed.

I was hopeful that courses here might be able to open, I mainly walk and play alone 90% of the time so pretty low risk for me. Looks like VT is gonna order courses closed as well as NY. I get it but still would’ve been nice to get out and walk a bit.

This thing is crazy.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I was hopeful that courses here might be able to open, I mainly walk and play alone 90% of the time so pretty low risk for me. Looks like VT is gonna order courses closed as well as NY. I get it but still would’ve been nice to get out and walk a bit.

This thing is crazy.

I know, right? I can be happy with my own company. The authorities keep assuming I/we want to be around other people. I want to be in the great outdoors but not necessarily around others.

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.