• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Might as well have a COVID-19 thread

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I'm thinking more temp wise.

Currently 83F at 1pm. Overnight minimum 65F.

Apparently these are the average temps where I live:
  • On average, the warmest month(s) are January, February and December.
  • On average, the warmest month is January.
  • On average, the coolest month is July.
  • The average annual maximum temperature is: 77° Fahrenheit (25.0° Celsius)
  • The average annual minimum temperature is: 59° Fahrenheit (15.0° Celsius)

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
This staying at home business has been pretty great.

Playing games(video and board) with my kids, playing in the back yard, fishing in the back yard. I got on the new trampoline today...ho lee fuk am I out of shape. That thing kicked my a$$. Put the rope swing back up in the back yard for the kids(and myself). Our back yard is on a bit of a hill down to the river and the kids are probably 15-18 feet off the grounds as the ground slopes away. Gives my mother in law a heart attack every time. My 3yo loves it. The 7yo is upset that he can't invite his friends over to play on it.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
This is from a friend who is an anesthesiologist in a hospital in New Jersey:

My hospital has been inundated with COVID patients for 2 weeks now. I have been managing 75 of them on ventilators. Do everything you can to NOT get this virus. 80% of people that do get it, it is a mild-moderate upper respiratory infection. If you are in the 20% where it becomes a lower respiratory infection, it is bad news, and if you are in the 2% that ends up on a ventilator, it is really bad news. On CT scan, you can see how badly this virus ravages the lungs. People are basically coming off the ventilator 1 way, and it is not the good way. We have only weaned a few off the ventilator, and all but 1 went back on. The only reason we still have any ventilators at all, is because so many of them don't make it. The young and previously healthy patients are dying just like the old and sick. COPD patients last a very short time because the ventilator settings these people need, are the exact opposite settings you would want for a COPD patient. If you have to work, and you go to someone’s home, wear the N95 mask, and wash your hands after everything you touch. Always be mindful of not touching your face, which is difficult because whenever I think about it, my nose starts to itch. Believe me when I tell you that thinking about this stuff all the time is exhausting. One last thing I noticed about our ventilated patients is that they are disproportionately diabetics. No formal study, but it is something we are noticing in our hospital.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Been a depressing week. We had one person in the office test positive for the virus which necessitated quarantine for several folks who sat near the person. The positive test also required us to move to a back up facility so they could deep clean the office for a day so that we could return hopefully to a virus free environment. We have been getting temperature checks for a few weeks now prior to entering the office, but the person never temped above the no entry threshold so was able to work until the other symptoms developed.

Also depressed a bit as I was supposed to be in Florida today visiting my folks, but with the ever widening restrictions on state to state travel, decided to cancel the trip. Hopefully, I will get to visit them later in the year.

Stay safe, Y’all.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
0701.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
This is NOT working well!!! My wife is now commenting about how much I get done around the yard and house when I'm not playing golf every day. She says if I would cut my golf down to two or three times/week, once this thing is over, she might not have to keep 'nudging' me about various honey-do projects. Sheesh!
Of course, our next door neighbor makes me appreciate my wife more each time he and his wife are outside. They are in their 80's. She is a very large lady, uses a walker, and is extremely domineering. When he is doing yard work, she sits on the back deck or the front step so she can tell him what he is doing wrong. And... she tells him in a shrill, loud voice that can be heard quite a distance away. "Are you blind? You missed those two weeds over by the back fence!" "Did you change the mower height? Looks, from here, like you are mowing is too short!" "That's the same direction you mowed last time. Change the pattern so you don't wear tracks in the grass!" "Shut that mower off and check the mail. I think I heard the mail truck go!" "What do you mean the mower won't start? You shouldn't have shut it off in the first place!"
Yes... I am one lucky man!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Joke's on her, he's completely deaf.
This is the same neighbor who, about two years ago, had a walk-in bathtub installed. His wife had trouble crawling in and out of a regular tub. Shortly after it was installed, he asked me to come in and see it. As he was showing it off, he said "See that nozzle down there by the seat? That's to clean her private area!" T.M.I.!!! I swallowed a little bile in my throat, thanked him for the tour, and... as politely as possible... exited the front door.

They are good folk! Retired farmer who moved to town to be closer to medical facilities, shopping, etc. They've been next door about 17 of the 20 years we've been in this home. When I was on the road, he and a retired police office who lived across the street, would race to clear my wife's driveway if we had snow. They would do anything to help a neighbor. They are just getting old and getting old ain't for sissies.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Trying to find ways to spend these hours during a "stay at home" order. Played fetch with the dog for a couple hours this afternoon. I would throw the dog and the wife would fetch it. Wife would bring the dog back to me and I'd throw it again. Neighbors called the cops!:D

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Trying to find ways to spend these hours during a "stay at home" order. Played fetch with the dog for a couple hours this afternoon. I would throw the dog and the wife would fetch it. Wife would bring the dog back to me and I'd throw it again. Neighbors called the cops!:D

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1586308950.223842.jpg

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
The social shaming and shunning that is happening right now is disgusting.

I don't understand why people can't just live their life and let other people live theirs. If people would mind their own damn business life would be so much easier.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
This is why:

the-spinoff-toby-morris-siouxsie-wiles-design-graphics-illustration-coronavirus_dezeen_1704_col_1.gif

Then why aren't we locked in our house every damn flu season. I know this isn't the flu. I'm saying we could potentially save tens of thousands of lives every year if we did. So why don't we? Why don't we shame and physically assault people for the exact same reason for other viral infections?

Also, people will still limit their contact with other people simply by knowing that the virus exists. Public shaming isn't OK just because you think you're saving the species(which you're not anyway...but whatever). This self righteous virtue signaling is a massive character flaw. The only good thing is it's allowing people of that ilk to out themselves on social media so I can avoid them. Which is nice.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
The social shaming and shunning that is happening right now is disgusting.

I don't understand why people can't just live their life and let other people live theirs. If people would mind their own damn business life would be so much easier.
I agree that social shaming is disgusting, but what are you talking about? I'm not seeing anything like that here, that I'm aware of anyway.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.