• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Might as well have a COVID-19 thread

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
The social shaming and shunning that is happening right now is disgusting.

I don't understand why people can't just live their life and let other people live theirs. If people would mind their own damn business life would be so much easier.

Agreed. I’ve seen disgusting mob behaviour on social media. I’ve seen self righteous shaming photos published of situations where it turned out that the alleged wrongdoer wasn’t doing anything wrong.

There is a terrible flaw in the human condition. It pretty much answers the questions about how the French people collaborated so willingly with the German occupiers and why the East Germans so readily informed on their neighbour to the Stasi.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Public shaming isn't OK just because you think you're saving the species(which you're not anyway...but whatever). This self righteous virtue signaling is a massive character flaw.
I see what you're saying and I would agree if I saw that happening on a large scale. The only "shaming" I see is like the dipshits that licked the toilet seats and then got Covid. They should be shamed.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I see what you're saying and I would agree if I saw that happening on a large scale. The only "shaming" I see is like the dipshits that licked the toilet seats and then got Covid. They should be shamed.
You don't spend much time on Twitter do you?

Someone on my work slack work space created a group where you could post pictures of people you felt weren't following #saferathome 'rules'. Luckily it was removed by admins.

Also...I have quite a few cop friends...and they're REAL fvcking sick of the calls already.

Also, those dipshits(yes, they are dipshits) probably wouldn't have gotten to the point of licking toilet seats if other people weren't going so nuts about this entire situation.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I do twitter a fair bit but I must not be following people that do that, or at least don't do it seriously (I follow a lot of comedians)

Someone on my work slack work space created a group where you could post pictures of people you felt weren't following #saferathome 'rules'. Luckily it was removed by admins.

Also...I have quite a few cop friends...and they're REAL fvcking sick of the calls already.
Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous.

Also, those dipshits(yes, they are dipshits) probably wouldn't have gotten to the point of licking toilet seats if other people weren't going so nuts about this entire situation.
While some people have gone way overboard (the toilet paper thing still gets me) we can't ignore this situation, it's pretty serious.

covid.jpg

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I didn't say we should ignore it at all. It is a serious situation and social distancing is a good idea. It's the ridiculousness of some people and how they feel that everyone else needs to be as extreme as they are or how others should live their life exactly as they do. That's what I can't stand.

Let the professionals put out the facts. Let the governors do as they feel is best. The armchair public safety/police officers needs to stfu and mind their own ******* business.

Also that graph is a bit misleading as we haven't really been testing for Covid like we probably should have for as long as we should have.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
It's the ridiculousness of some people and how they feel that everyone else needs to be as extreme as they are or how others should live their life exactly as they do. That's what I can't stand.
100% agree, and that goes beyond just Covid. The worst is when parents try to tell other parents how they should parent.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country

No, Twitter isn't really my thing. I do look it over some.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
100% agree, and that goes beyond just Covid. The worst is when parents try to tell other parents how they should parent.
I have a couple younger guys on my team at work, no kids, constantly telling me how I should handle situations with my kids. I have a hard time not smacking them right across the face.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
No, Twitter isn't really my thing. I do look it over some.
It's becoming less and less my thing and I'm real close to just getting rid of it.

I enjoy it because it's a great way for me to keep up on tech as my job requires it, however, those same people that I really admire on a professional level and enjoy reading technical stuff they write, feel they are now infectious disease experts and non-stop spout shit they really have no reason to be talking about. I wish they would have a professional and a separate private account so I didn't have to listen to their political/Covid/dog/cat drivel.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I have a couple younger guys on my team at work, no kids, constantly telling me how I should handle situations with my kids. I have a hard time not smacking them right across the face.
My suggestion:

"You really should handle your kids..."
"When you have kids the age of my kids, you can offer advice. Until then, STFU because you're still just a kid to me"

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.