• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Milwaukee Golf Show

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Anyone go? I couldn't since my daughter came up from Illinois to show her dog (flew to France to buy it a couple years ago $$$$) at State Fair Park dog show. I got to babysit my granddaughter and watch the other dog.... :unhappy: (Her Rhodesian Ridgeback took first place BTW).

How was it?

Indacup no doubt was there with the long drivers, right?

nututhugame.. you get there?

Fill me in please. Thanks.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Thought about but then decided the 115 mile drive wasn't worth it. Am attending the Madison one this weekend though.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Didn't go...

I might go to the one in madison this weekend, but really, its probably not worth the money to park and get in...the vendors have to pay so much to get in there they can't offer any great deals on most stuff.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I'm waiting for the "Greater Wautoma Golf Show". They have all the latest stuff that came out 3 years ago.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Didn't go...

I might go to the one in madison this weekend, but really, its probably not worth the money to park and get in...the vendors have to pay so much to get in there they can't offer any great deals on most stuff.

Free parking & it's $5 to get in this year. I will go just because it's at a new venue finally, Hitters Sportsplex in Middleton.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
We went Friday night. No Rory. My twelve year old daughter was tied for the lead with three out of six in the circle in the pitching contest when we left. She test hit a few drivers. Poor golf shoe selection this year, and we were all kind of looking so that was a bummer. We talked to the guy from the State PA that runs the junior tournaments. He was really cool. We picked up score cards for a few courses she'll play in tourneys this year. Picked up free copies of the 2010-11 rules of golf. We're going to the Madison show on Saturday. There's a junior clinic from 1:00 to 3:00

Kevin

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Free parking & it's $5 to get in this year. I will go just because it's at a new venue finally, Hitters Sportsplex in Middleton.

Oh...didn't know that...i might have to check that out.

Do they have enough parking over there? I drove by it once and it didn't strike me as a place they would be able to hold masses of crowds...but then, that was a while ago

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Oh...didn't know that...i might have to check that out.

Do they have enough parking over there? I drove by it once and it didn't strike me as a place they would be able to hold masses of crowds...but then, that was a while ago

No clue as I don't even know where the place is other than Middleton.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Huge waste of time AFAIC....

Unless you wanted to parallel park into tight spaces(which was hilarious to watch ppl try three or four times, then give up and try another spot), you had to walk quite a ways to get to this place. Parking lot is only big enough for probably 100ish cars...maybe more, but definitely not enough. Walking doesn't bother me, but i'm sure it does some people. Upside was that i didn't have to pay for it.

$5 to get in, i saw a window, siding, and roof vendor...two small equipment dealers with prices that were pretty much normal. No drivers when demo-ing equipment...

I did get two free rounds of golf to course i have never played before. So i guess it wasn't a total waste of time. But close. I should have paid my $5 for the free round of golf and left.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
We drove up to Middleton on Saturday for the show. I parallel parked perfectly, albeit very far away. We had a long walk in cold driving rain, then had to wait about 15 minutes to get into the place. While the golf course booths were more limited than Milwaukee, we had already collected all that stuff the week before at that show. The UW-Whitewater women's golf coach was giving lessons to juniors and worked with my daughter for almost a half an hour. That was cool. He was a really nice guy and had some very nice things to say about her swing. He knows her regular coach quite well, and it was really fun talking to him. I bought her a Titleist hat with a UW-W logo for $20 to support their program and he loved that. Later he tracked us down and gave her a brand new Srixon glove. She loved it. She also did a quick lesson with the Golf Tec guy, and that was neat because she got to see her swing on video with the yellow lines drawn on it. Really showed her how she needs to stay on plane. We bought her a pretty cool Sun Mountain 3.5 bag for $60. Then we stopped at the Nike Store in Johnson Creek on the way home, and she found another pair of sneaker type golf shoes like she wore out last year for $14.95, so that was a great score.

At the Madison show I chipped the first two balls I hit into the little net at the chipping contest which brought some cheers from the crowd. LOL. I won a "Bucky Book", a huge coupon book that has a bunch of golf deals in it, several of which are for courses my daughter will play in tournaments this year, so our practice rounds will be cheap as hell. Knocking those in the net put me in a drawing for a bigger prize, but I assume I didn't win.

Before the show, we ate lunch on the square in Madison at a place called The Old Fashioned. The fried cheese curds alone were worth the drive. The burgers and sandwiches were great, too, but pricey. Pretty cool place I had never been to before.

We enjoyed the day.

Kevin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Sounds like a fun day, Kevin. I can't wait until my Grandsons get a little older so I can get them going on golf. Right now all they care about is Soccer. Their Dad was a big Soccer player, but now thanks to his Brothers, he's taken up golf, so might shift some emphasis to that. I'm hoping.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Before the show, we ate lunch on the square in Madison at a place called The Old Fashioned. The fried cheese curds alone were worth the drive. The burgers and sandwiches were great, too, but pricey. Pretty cool place I had never been to before.

We enjoyed the day.

Kevin

The Old Fashioned is pretty good but next time you are up this way, hit Dotty Dumplings. It's not far from State st & right off University. Best damn burgers in the state & they have these delicious deep fried mac & cheese triangles but the breading is more like a fish batter instead of the typical type.

I didn't bother with the show, worked all weekend & didn't want to bother with the hassle. Plus I always get 2 postcards a year for free rds at The Meadows of Sixmile creek. It's a pretty decent course Clark, links style but it's not boring like some of those type of courses can be.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.