• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Miura CB-201

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Here's a set of irons you probably don't see too often on the course. I picked these up a while back and have played with them enough now to have a thorough feel for them. First off let me say that these heads combined with the Nippon NS 1050 Pro shafts are as perfect a match as can be found. The feel transferred from the strike to the hands is like my nerve endings are connected to the clubhead through the shaft.
Playability vs. Forgiveness in these irons is by far the best I have ever tested. Slightly off center strikes will still deliver 80-90% of distance but obviously not the desired ballflight. On the other hand they are very responsive to the slightest draw or cut action through impact. Every iron in the set, even the PW, can by worked either way fairly easily.
Distance on these irons is very good on a solid strike. The lofts are a bit strong but not overly so compared to the current cavity back standards. The PW is 47* and most players would probably want to carry a 50*-52* gap wedge. A full PW flies further than most 9irons in my previous sets, yet the flight/distance control is better than the PW of those sets.
These irons, in the hands of an accomplished ballstriker, are literally a weapon on the course. The lightweight yet extremely stable Nippon 1050's only make them that much more lethal. The lofted irons fly lower than most and the flight of the 5iron and 7iron are nearly identicle. In my opinion the price of these irons is worth it. Once a player gets used to these they will have no doubt they are playing the best equipment available in the game.

Miuraspecs.jpg
Miuraspecs.jpg

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Firstly; are you from U.S., or U.K. - I can't quite remember. It's just that I know the fellas who are the UK/Ireland's sole distributor of these clubs, so am interested.

My mate bought these a wee while back. He has swopped to Callaway X-Tours, though. If anyone on here wants to buy his Muiras, let me know.

Thanks

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'm from U.S., Rhode Island. Right down the road from where the women's U.S. Open is being played. I scored these for $325 for the 5-PW from a guy up near Boston. I actually saw the ones you had posted under the classifieds and searched Ebay to find these. Seller ended the auction 3 days early and sold them to me locally. So technically I guess you deserve some credit for this score. :)

Members online