• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MLB season Openers

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Oh...wait...this is the BASEball thread. I have absolutely nothing to contribute here.
There is no sport more boring than baseball. Curling has more excitement!!! How someone can sit through a 4 hour game and get all excited it's in extra innings with the score tied 0-0 is beyond my comprehension. The only reason I knew the Royals won, is that my cart partner is a huge baseball/Royals fan. He was all decked out this morning in his Royals jersey and hat. He had to call me when the game was over and see if I'd watched it. I told him our television was programmed to not show ANY baseball!!!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
There is no sport more boring than baseball. Curling has more excitement!!! How someone can sit through a 4 hour game and get all excited it's in extra innings with the score tied 0-0 is beyond my comprehension. The only reason I knew the Royals won, is that my cart partner is a huge baseball/Royals fan. He was all decked out this morning in his Royals jersey and hat. He had to call me when the game was over and see if I'd watched it. I told him our television was programmed to not show ANY baseball!!!
Both of my stepsons quit baseball (after the season ended) because, and I quote, "It's just too boring to play". Neither has ever played it since, not even in a pick up game.

Their dad played high school ball. Even he couldn't get them back into it.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Some people can't handle the complexity of Baseball. It's more like chess, you have to have brains and talent to play...not just be 6' 9" 300lbs and know how to hold on to an oblong shaped ball and run. :D

But seriously, if one can't appreciate the deep strategy inside baseball, it's not for them.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Some people can't handle the complexity of Baseball. It's more like chess, you have to have brains and talent to play...not just be 6' 9" 300lbs and know how to hold on to an oblong shaped ball and run. :D

But seriously, if one can't appreciate the deep strategy inside baseball, it's not for them.

If I hadn't have played so much baseball when I was young, I might think it was boring too.

The NL Central division is stacked this year. Our teams are going to have their hands full making the playoffs.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I play softball for my company. It's fun.
I hate softball, well I don't hate it, but why don't people just play baseball?! Throwing a softball is like throwing a grapefruit, big stupid ball. It's also lame how the pitcher lobs an underhand rainbow to the batter. That's almost as lame as using a tee. No wonder why everyone gets drunk while they play. Slow pitch softball should only be played in the Special Olympics.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Jesus, AG!
No shit! he's a candidate for one of these.

prozac10c.jpg

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I hate softball, well I don't hate it, but why don't people just play baseball?! Throwing a softball is like throwing a grapefruit, big stupid ball. It's also lame how the pitcher lobs an underhand rainbow to the batter. That's almost as lame as using a tee. No wonder why everyone gets drunk while they play. Slow pitch softball should only be played in the Special Olympics.

lol, play third on our mens league...

Better have a quick glove hand....oh, make sure you wear a cup too... :D

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
lol, play third on our mens league...

Better have a quick glove hand....oh, make sure you wear a cup too... :D
That's my spot! You want me on your team playing third. ;) I played in a league for a few years and you are 100% correct, you get some screamers down the left side....and a lot of them.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.