• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Monday is not a freaking holiday!

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
[rant] Every year I buy a "2 course pass" for $400 that allows me to play on 2 local courses for $7/round during the week (Mon-Thurs), and half price rounds after noon on the weekends, and holidays. I've accepted the fact that in the golfing world, Fridays are part of the weekend (albeit, they are never part of my weekend). But I was definitely taken aback when I was making a tee-time for Monday morning and was told "Mr. Green, you realize that your pass will not be honored on Monday, as it's a holiday".

"Err....isnt Sunday the holiday Troy? Monday isn't a holiday. How can you consider Monday a holiday?"

"Well, arent you off work Monday"?

"Yes, I am....but whether I'm working or not doesnt make a day a holiday (Now, I've known Troy for at least 10 years, so at this point I good-naturedly told him YOU SUCK)"

"It's not me Mr. Green...."

"Yeah, yeah.....I know. I'll seeya @ 8:20"

Some poor bastard @ the pro-shop is gonna catch a bit more ribbing come 7:45 Monday am. [/rant]

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Monday IS a holiday and you don't know how much I need it. At my age, 5 day work weeks are getting way too long!!!

We played this morning... Well, if you want to call my hacking around the course playing. Supposed to begin raining here late p.m. and rain all day tomorrow and Monday. Heavy rains predicted with possible flash flooding. So... where do you have your 8:20 Monday tee time? If it's within a day's drive, I might hop in the Silverado and join you!!!!!!! LOL

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
My course is honoring their weekday special on Monday. They told me they aren't considering it a holiday.

OP
thekid65

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
Monday IS a holiday and you don't know how much I need it. At my age, 5 day work weeks are getting way too long!!!

We played this morning... Well, if you want to call my hacking around the course playing. Supposed to begin raining here late p.m. and rain all day tomorrow and Monday. Heavy rains predicted with possible flash flooding. So... where do you have your 8:20 Monday tee time? If it's within a day's drive, I might hop in the Silverado and join you!!!!!!! LOL

The more I thought about it, the more irritated I got, so I canceled my tee-time @ Quail Hollow (one of the courses where I have my pass) and made another one @ Shadow Valley. It's right outside of Boise, on highway 55, limp...and we do need a 4th, so let me know if you can make it! It's a beautiful course that's well maintained. Although, if you're looking @ rain this weekend, you probably arent anywhere close to me...it's gonna be a beautiful weekend here in I-dee-ho.

Boise, ID - Shadow Valley Golf Course - Boise Golf Improvement Center & Junior Golf

OP
thekid65

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
I have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc etc off all year long. Retirement has it's perks.....

a big ole amen to that. I don't know why you suckers insist on working for a living. :)

athirdrailforum.com_Smileys_default_mofugger.gif

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Boise??? I-dee-ho?? Let's see. Have a sister-in-law in Cheyenne, WY. That's a hard 11 hour drive from here. If I leave now, can spend the night there. Probably another day and a half across Wyoming and Montana to get to Idaho. That would put me in there sometime Tuesday... completely tuckered out. Would need at least a day's rest... probably at the local nursing home... before I'd be fit to play. Spend a day on the course and be back home late next weekend. Hmmm.... seeing as how I have some meetings scheduled for this Tuesday morning... appreciate the offer but will have to pass. Enjoy your good weather and your round of golf!!!!!!!!

OP
thekid65

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
I'm a bit envious of a few folks on here that know each other and get to golf together. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person in I-dee-ho that participates on message boards. I wouldnt be surprised though, considering the fact that we just got running water and all. Those 2am trips to the outhouse were colder than hell during the winter.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
My brother lives in I-dee-ho Falls. I'm going up there in a couple of weeks for a week of golf. We will drive up to Anaconda, Montana and play the Old Works course 3 times during the week. But that's still a long way from Boise.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.