• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Monitor numbers

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Finally got on a reliable monitor when I was down in Nashville. As I suspected, I don't hit it as far as I want LOL.

These were the avg numbers after about 15 balls with my driver and 2 others

Angle: 14
SS: 95 mph
Ballspeed: ??? forget
Spin: 3900
Carry: 226
Total: 240
Smash: 1.4

I need to figure out how to generate more speed.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Finally got on a reliable monitor when I was down in Nashville. As I suspected, I don't hit it as far as I want LOL.

I need to figure out how to generate more speed.

That's easy. Join an internet discussion forum & exaggerate, exaggerate, exaggerate. ;)

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Instead of worrying about your speed, find a way to drop you spin rate. Over 3500 is too high.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Very similar to my numbers (except I had less spin) before I found the answer .... LAG! I got that from this lesson package I bought which for the most part was junk EXCEPT it emphasized lag and how to get it. And that was by NOT thinking about releasing your wrists. In fact, thinking of NOT releasing your wrists. They will release on their own after giving you the lag you need and your swing speed will go up. You'll think your clubhead is going to go over the top of the ball doing this but it doesn't.

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Very similar to my numbers (except I had less spin) before I found the answer .... LAG! I got that from this lesson package I bought which for the most part was junk EXCEPT it emphasized lag and how to get it. And that was by NOT thinking about releasing your wrists. In fact, thinking of NOT releasing your wrists. They will release on their own after giving you the lag you need and your swing speed will go up. You'll think your clubhead is going to go over the top of the ball doing this but it doesn't.

I'm interested... keep going.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
As I suspected, I don't hit it as far as I want LOL.

Very few do. So many love to think they are smoking the ball down the fairway and it's carrying 260+ yds but the truth is far different. Once a player learns to accept that, then the game becomes fun instead of some crazy search to always find that magical extra 5-10-20 yds.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
One way to get more swing speed is to swing the club faster. I'm going to try that this summer, too.

Kevin

🔥 Latest posts