• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MorningStar Golf Course

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Joe, Joe's Niece and I had a great day of golf today. Met up with Joe(Eracer) and his niece over at Morning Star golf course in Mukwanago WI. What a gorgeous course. Built in an old quarry it had some great eleveation changes and some really nice hole layouts. Really just an all around beautiful track.

Great golf, Great food, Great company.

I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

ai526.photobucket.com_albums_cc347_eclark53520_MorningStarGolf_MorningStarGolf015.jpg

ai526.photobucket.com_albums_cc347_eclark53520_MorningStarGolf_MorningStarGolf014.jpg

ai526.photobucket.com_albums_cc347_eclark53520_MorningStarGolf_MorningStarGolf011.jpg

ai526.photobucket.com_albums_cc347_eclark53520_MorningStarGolf_MorningStarGolf008.jpg

ai526.photobucket.com_albums_cc347_eclark53520_MorningStarGolf_MorningStarGolf004.jpg

ai526.photobucket.com_albums_cc347_eclark53520_MorningStarGolf_MorningStarGolf005.jpg

ai526.photobucket.com_albums_cc347_eclark53520_MorningStarGolf_MorningStarGolf002.jpg

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I was behind the camera for all the pictures and i completely forgot after the round to get a picture together with him.

Here is one of him in one of the many bunkers we both played out of that day.

ai526.photobucket.com_albums_cc347_eclark53520_MorningStarGolf_MorningStarGolf013.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Beautiful course. Sorta surprised, the coure being in Wisconsin, that there isn't still snow on the ground!! :)

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Beautiful course. Sorta surprised, the coure being in Wisconsin, that there isn't still snow on the ground!! :)

lol, nope, it was upper 80's and humid. Surprising thing to me was that there were no water buckets on the course. Only in the clubhouse could you get water(unless you bought bottled water from the cart girl) Since my dumbass didn't have any cash left, i waited and drank about 6 glasses of water with lunch.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
All the courses we play no longer have water coolers on tee boxes. A few years ago, there was a contamination issue at some courses in Arizona. Staff, I believe, was filling coolers from garden hoses that had become contaminated with chemicals, etc. Golfers were upchucking over more than chunked wedges. So... that gave an excuse to courses to cut the cost of coolers, staff filling coolers, and collect additional revenue by selling water in bottled form.

We all just take a couple bottles with us each round. If we need a refill, we'll hit the water fountain that is inside the clubhouse at the turn.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
All the county course down here have water every few holes. They have jugs inside padlocked wooden boxes and the rangers bring the water from the clubhouse. Pretty safe, lot's of ice in it and it is extremely refreshing.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I had a great time, but jeebus man you should have told me you needed water! I'd have sprung for a bottle or two.
Nice golf course. Thanks for being patient with my niece.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I had a great time, but jeebus man you should have told me you needed water! I'd have sprung for a bottle or two.
Nice golf course. Thanks for being patient with my niece.

I was fine. I was in too much of a hurry to stop by the ATM on the way out, so I should suffer the consequences. No big deal.

She played very well! I think with some clubs more suited to her game and a complete matching set would help her immensely. I'm not sure i could have hit those blades as well as she was.

Nice to see you're screen name back here!

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
LOL. Looking at the pics that was the first thing I thought to myself. Good LORD that's a lot of bunkers. :)

Yeah, lots of fairway bunkers too. I'm not used to fairway bunkers at all. I got into one on the back nine that was deep enough I couldn't see over the lip. I got over the lip but still not over the hill and i couldn't see any fairway. So i just hit it again in the general direction of where I thought it should go. Get over the hill, Joe tells me, Did you see your ball? It's in that other bunker....

:(

The second bunker was still at least 150 yards out...lol

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
From what I see, the bunkers are all placed in locations your ball's not supposed to find anyway. I don't understand the problem here? ;)

I will say that the day we spent (Eracer, my wife and I, and my oldest boy) playing golf in FL was a great day. Joe is excellent company and a solid golfer. I was lucky enough to meet his dad (we played his course), and I can tell you that the apple fell very close to the tree: dad was a great guy as well!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
From what I see, the bunkers are all placed in locations your ball's not supposed to find anyway. I don't understand the problem here? ;)

I will say that the day we spent (Eracer, my wife and I, and my oldest boy) playing golf in FL was a great day. Joe is excellent company and a solid golfer. I was lucky enough to meet his dad (we played his course), and I can tell you that the apple fell very close to the tree: dad was a great guy as well!

Do you still have those panties I gave you?:mgw:

How've you been? Family is well, I trust?

🔥 Latest posts