• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MorningStar Golf Course

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Do you still have those panties I gave you?:mgw:

How've you been? Family is well, I trust?
Yep! I wear them when I want to hit my gap wedge 95 yards like Rock!

Doing well. Family is growing and active, which = less golf time for Susan and I.

How about you? And how are your folks?

btw, William's played 2 years of high school golf already and has played some nice courses. He told me recently that the nicest course he's ever played was your dad's. He really enjoyed that day!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Yep! I wear them when I want to hit my gap wedge 95 yards like Rock!

Doing well. Family is growing and active, which = less golf time for Susan and I.

How about you? And how are your folks?

btw, William's played 2 years of high school golf already and has played some nice courses. He told me recently that the nicest course he's ever played was your dad's. He really enjoyed that day!
the parents are getting older, but both are good. My brother got married 10 days ago, which is why I was in Eric's neck of the woods. The family was there, and we had a good time.

Tell William the best part of my day was seeing his excellent swing. It sure wasn't mine, lol.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
the parents are getting older, but both are good. My brother got married 10 days ago, which is why I was in Eric's neck of the woods. The family was there, and we had a good time.

Tell William the best part of my day was seeing his excellent swing. It sure wasn't mine, lol.
We're all getting older, my friend. Glad to hear they're doing well!

Your brother got married, huh? Does that mean you're next? ;)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005

Sorry about our miscommunication down in Tampa in April - hopefully we can do it again next year.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
I was member at Morningstar for 8 years. It's a fun course. You get used to playing away from the bunkers. I loved the place because of the roll you get in the fairways. Made me feel like a big hitter. I moved to a very different kind of course so my daughter could be a in junior program where her swing coach teaches. It's also way cheaper membership fees.

How were the greens? Always the weakest part of the course. That's my daughter in my avatar hitting a shot on the 18th hole four years ago when she was 10.

Kevin

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I was member at Morningstar for 8 years. It's a fun course. You get used to playing away from the bunkers. I loved the place because of the roll you get in the fairways. Made me feel like a big hitter. I moved to a very different kind of course so my daughter could be a in junior program where her swing coach teaches. It's also way cheaper membership fees.

How were the greens? Always the weakest part of the course. That's my daughter in my avatar hitting a shot on the 18th hole four years ago when she was 10.

Kevin
I thought the greens were in great condition, overall. Fast, but not slippery. Looked well-maintained. There were a few rough spots here and there, but nothing of any real concern.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
We're all getting older, my friend. Glad to hear they're doing well!

Your brother got married, huh? Does that mean you're next? ;)

I kept sending marriage proposals to Mila Kunis, but she told me she'd send the Marines after me if I kept it up. Who to stalk next?

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
I thought the greens were in great condition, overall. Fast, but not slippery. Looked well-maintained. There were a few rough spots here and there, but nothing of any real concern.

Glad to hear it. They've had a lot of problems through the years. They can be really frustrating because they break about half as much as you think they will, and they never did hold well. The course was built in an old quarry, and there's a distinct lack of top soil under both the fairways and the greens. But with all the the elevation changes, its a fun place to play. Some really good holes there. #2 is nice dog leg par four. #5 is a great par 3, really tough from the back tees, I love the look of #13, the par four where you tee off way up on the hill.

I miss it a lot. My new place is shorter, has more trees and water, and is harder hole for hole, (my 'cap went up 2 points), but it's often wet, and tee to green, the conditions are not as good.

Glad you guys liked it.

Kevin

🔥 Latest posts