• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mother Nature Dominates at Farmers Insurance Open

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
THEY COULDN'T FINISH THE FARMERS Insurance Open at Torrey Pines yesterday because the weather showed up and battered the field. The players who finished their final rounds averaged higher than 78.

Meanwhile, Brandt Snedeker put together a 69 in the wet and windy (up to 40 m.p.h.) conditions. "It will stand as one of the best rounds of the year when things are done," wrote Mike Purkey in Global Golf Post.

Sneds is the clubhouse leader at 6 under, but Jimmy Walker is currently ahead by a shot, among a group of Monday finishers. Due to dangerous conditions with high winds, there are no spectators at Torrey today.

Patrick Reed withdrew after an 81 in the third round. Something about his ankle. Hmmm. Graham DeLaet was not sympathetic.

"Does anyone have Pat Reed's #?" DeLaet tweeted. "I need to call him for WD'ing and leaving us as a twosome in the final group off 10 in brutal weather."

Someone responded to the tweet, and DeLaet added, "No I shot 82 because I missed 13 greens and couldn't chip or putt. I'm still playing (Sunday) though."

Finally, below is Colt Knost, who didn't want to hit this putt because his ball was oscillating. Watch what happened.

Source: Mother Nature Dominates at Farmers Insurance Open

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
My goodness, a bit of wind and rain and they all lie down! 'Cept Sneds, playa! Love seeing that sort of weather. Both the Irish guys (Lowry and Dunne) excelled on the final day to move up the leaderboard. Lowry especially as he shot a +1. And keep an eye on young Dunne. He's the dude that lead the Open after three rounds as an Amateur. He's in the McDowell mould, will quietly sneak up and do well over time.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
My goodness, a bit of wind and rain and they all lie down! 'Cept Sneds, playa! Love seeing that sort of weather. Both the Irish guys (Lowry and Dunne) excelled on the final day to move up the leaderboard. Lowry especially as he shot a +1. And keep an eye on young Dunne. He's the dude that lead the Open after three rounds as an Amateur. He's in the McDowell mould, will quietly sneak up and do well over time.

They should make Sneds an honorary Brit/Scot/Irishman! "What weather?" ;)

🔥 Latest posts