• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mr. Grinder Returns to the PGA Tour

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
LOOK WHO IS BACK ON the PGA Tour. It's Jim Furyk.

The tour veteran returns this week in the Wells Fargo Championship after a long layoff due to an injured left wrist that required surgery. Furyk's last appearance was at the 2015 Deutsche Bank Championship.

GolfChannel.com's Rex Hoggard reported:

"My wife joked it was kind of the first day of school," Furyk said. "She wanted to know if I had my best outfit on."
Furyk admitted to being rusty following a nine-hole practice round with Davis Love III n Tuesday at Quail Hollow, but said his wrist is healthy enough to withstand Tour conditions.
He was encouraged by his abbreviated practice round on Tuesday where he tested the injury by playing shots from Quail Hollow's thick rough.
"I know I can't hit 100 balls every day and go out and play 18 holes and then go practice again," Furyk said. "I've got to pace myself a little bit."
Maybe going around Quail Hollow with Love made Furyk, soon to be 46, feel like a youngster. The U.S. Ryder Cup team captain who won in Greensboro last summer is 52.

Furyk hopes to play four of the next five tour events, and then head to Oakmont for the U.S. Open, where he nearly won his second national title in 2007.

Source: Mr. Grinder Returns to the PGA Tour

Members online

No members online now.