• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My ‘THE LONGEST SHOT’ Named a Top 10 Sports Book in 2012

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
a3.bp.blogspot.com__Ehl7jpmWpUE_URK6eKz6z5I_AAAAAAAAFsM_LvZhr65H2SA_s320_top_10_sports_adult_f2.jpg
From Booklist ONLINE.​
THE LONGEST SHOT: Jack Fleck, Ben Hogan, and Pro Golf’s Greatest Upset at the 1955 U.S. Open, the first book by Neil Sagebiel (yours truly), was selected as one of the Top 10 Sports Books of 2012 by Booklist, the well-regarded book-review magazine of the American Library Association.

“The story of unheralded Jack Fleck’s triumph over the great Ben Hogan in the 1955 U.S. Open golf championship is one of sports’ greatest upset stories,” said Booklist, “and Sagebiel tells it superbly, wringing every ounce of poignancy and drama out of the action.”

(Read Top 10 Sports Books 2012 at Booklist ONLINE)

THE LONGEST SHOT was the only golf book to make an exclusive list that included The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach, Dream Team by Jack McCallum and Over Time by Frank Deford.

THE LONGEST SHOT is the inspirational story of how virtual unknown Jack Fleck beat four-time Open champion Ben Hogan in an 18-hole playoff to win the 1955 U.S. Open, one of the greatest upsets in the history of sports. It’s available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, independent bookstores, all the usual places. (See links in right-hand sidebar.)

How do I feel? In a word, terrific!

Getting my first book published was difficult, to say the least. There were a lot of no’s along the way. But it was also extremely rewarding. On one thing I never wavered: This was a great story. That kept me going.

If you are a media outlet and would like a review copy, please email me at [email protected] or contact my publisher.

And yes, I’m available for interviews, book groups, book talks and more.

Source: My ‘THE LONGEST SHOT’ Named a Top 10 Sports Book in 2012

🔥 Latest posts