• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My 10 yr old will play a Jr event at Pinehurst!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
He got invited to play next year! Which is super cool.

Aside from that, he also wants to play the US Kids golf tournament circuit and the drive chip and putt events next year. It's great seeing him being obsessed with getting better.

My goal is to make him mentally tough. So, I set up a $100 dollar match between us and another father and son next weekend. They play a ton and are both adults. They have big egos and offered us strokes since my "son is just a little kid". They don't know he hits the ball 200 - 220 yds and rarely misses a fairway. Regardless, it will he tough but it will be fun af and great pressure experience for my boy.

Seeing his excitement about all of this competition is great and has renewed my passion for the game as well. I just wanted to share my excitement with you guys

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Never had a son to play with. Extremely jealous of you right now. Kick some ass.
Thanks! It's pretty awesome. I woke up this morning and he was already outside hitting balls. He has always played golf but he's never been this passionate about the game. Fun stuff

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Be

Aside from that, he also wants to play the US Kids golf tournament circuit and the drive chip and putt events next year. It's great seeing him being obsessed with getting better.

My goal is to make him mentally tough. So, I set up a $100 dollar match between us and another father and son next weekend. They play a ton and are both adults. They have big egos and offered us strokes since my "son is just a little kid". They don't know he hits the ball 200 - 220 yds and rarely misses a fairway. Regardless, it will he tough but it will be fun af and great pressure experience for my boy.

Seeing his excitement about all of this competition is great and has renewed my passion for the game as well. I just wanted to share my excitement with you guys
Beyond awesome. Take tons of pics and let us know the highlights!

Last edited:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country

That's great!

Let me know when it is, I'm 30 minutes from there. I'll come walk a few holes with you and watch your boy!

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
That's great!

Let me know when it is, I'm 30 minutes from there. I'll come walk a few holes with you and watch your boy!

Heck yeah! Will do. I'm still waiting on the details. All I know is that it's next year. Not a 100% sure which course but was told it will probably be #3.

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
So they finally got me the details on this Jr Pinehurst tourney. It's a US Kids golf tournament that you have to qualify for with points. :/ They thought their membership would get him in. Nope. So, that sucks. He will have to play a ton of their tournaments to have a chance.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
So they finally got me the details on this Jr Pinehurst tourney. It's a US Kids golf tournament that you have to qualify for with points. :/ They thought their membership would get him in. Nope. So, that sucks. He will have to play a ton of their tournaments to have a chance.
Tough, but... It appears he has a definite interest in the game. Surely, there are some junior tournaments hosted locally or by your State Golf Association. If he can play in some events and gain some experience, then he might have a chance to make the high school golf team in a couple of years.
The main thing is not to allow this 'hiccup' to damper his interest in golf.

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Tough, but... It appears he has a definite interest in the game. Surely, there are some junior tournaments hosted locally or by your State Golf Association. If he can play in some events and gain some experience, then he might have a chance to make the high school golf team in a couple of years.
The main thing is not to allow this 'hiccup' to damper his interest in golf.

My oldest has been grinding, practicing to get better. It's cool to se his passion to get better. The us kids events is all about playing more events to gain points. With over 50 travel baseball games we cant ebternenough us kids events to qualify. Its disappointing but but my oldest loves baseball and it's all about supporting him

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
My oldest has been grinding, practicing to get better. It's cool to se his passion to get better. The us kids events is all about playing more events to gain points. With over 50 travel baseball games we cant ebternenough us kids events to qualify. Its disappointing but but my oldest loves baseball and it's all about supporting him

^^^this

🔥 Latest posts