• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My amateur status is in jeopardy LOL...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Cashed at a VT state day event. Proshop credit means I'll need to go back down there.

Shot a 76 on a tough course I had never seen before. I was pleased.

http://www.vtga.org/documents/2011GreenMountain.pdf

Anyhow - these state days are fun, ways to get some tournament golf under your belt, and play a course that you wouldn't normally have the opportunity to play.

3 tourneys so far this year -

4 man scramble victory
4 man best ball 3rd
Individual Low Net.

Yet I can't break 80 on my home track... go figure.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Good shooting. Often, lower expectations are more calming versus expecting to shoot the lights out, like at the club.

One day, things will click for you there and you'll go super low. Guaranteed.

R35

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I haven't played thee in about 2 years. It's a nice course, they used to host a Futures Tour event. It's short, tight and if the greens are fast and you are in the wrong spot- forget it.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I'm, also, turning pro! Won my flight in last weekend's members tourney at our club. Big winnings! $65.00... that's sixty five dollars. Got another $10 from the players' pool. $40 entry fee. Add $10 for skins and $5 for the player's pool and I had $55 invested. For that, the huge sum I won... in the form of a pro shop GC... two meals, drinks, and a sleeve of ProV balls. Plus, it's a fun tourney with good participation from the members. 78 on Saturday and 79 on Sunday. With my 25 handicap......................... :>)

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I'm, also, turning pro! Won my flight in last weekend's members tourney at our club. Big winnings! $65.00... that's sixty five dollars. Got another $10 from the players' pool. $40 entry fee. Add $10 for skins and $5 for the player's pool and I had $55 invested. For that, the huge sum I won... in the form of a pro shop GC... two meals, drinks, and a sleeve of ProV balls. Plus, it's a fun tourney with good participation from the members. 78 on Saturday and 79 on Sunday. With my 25 handicap......................... :>)

You sandbag even better than me.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Well I am defending my June Medal victory on Saturday and also took down another comp the same weekend. Plus a mighty £9 take down in our Thursday roll up.

Maybe we can start our own renegade shot talk tour? The stats sheets would be fun if nothing else.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.