• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Bag 2008

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Wi-Golfer Quote:
Originally Posted by VtDivot
Are the G5s and G10s very similar? I thought they were basically the same club?

They are, but don't tell Sssmokin that.
Not really...........all Pings are similar, but there are differences. I still have the G5's so compared them. The G10 head is smaller, which I was looking for.........the G5's are HUGE. The weighting is lower with more in the toe. These are very close in size to the Eye 2's, which I love. The main reason I got them though is because I am supposed to have the green dot (2º ? upright) and the G5's I have are black dot (standard lie). Made a very big difference yesterday when I played them for the first time. Had a 39 on the Westwoods course, mostly because I was more consistent with the irons. :thumbs up:

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Here you can see the difference.............
Compare1.jpg

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
yup - like you said one is green and one is black :D

That's freakin' hilarious!

In sssmokin's defense, the custom tuning ports are different shapes and sizes.

Sssmokin, I am curious to know if the new CTP shape changes the feel of the clubs much. Although, it's not like it will mean anything since I've finally fallen in love with my i5s.

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
chemboy2 posted: Sssmokin, I am curious to know if the new CTP shape changes the feel of the clubs much. Although, it's not like it will mean anything since I've finally fallen in love with my i5s.
No, I didn't notice any difference in the feel. The big difference is because I finally have the correct lie so I hit the ball consistent. My G5s felt great when I hit them well. It just happens more often with these.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Originally Posted by Eracer
You mentioned "feel" in a "PING" thread...:biglol:

Someday, when you've exhausted all efforts with your "feel" irons, you'll see the light and come to the dark side... :D

🔥 Latest posts